Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brosin302 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Fica taxes
    I own a small business and have not paid fica taxes for myself. Does anyone know how I go about making up past taxes? What forms to use?
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Jun 27, 2008, 02:52 PM
    If you want to pay yourself a salary(salary needs to be reasonable), you can go to the IRS.gov to print out a 941 form each quarter and 940 form for each year, to file the taxes.

You can also file them in your annual federal tax return 1040-SS Self-employment tax return and it will lead you through the calculations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FICA taxes after 5 yrs on F1 ? [ 6 Answers ]

I came to US in August 2001, on F1 visa. Filed the 2006 tax retrun as a resident (filed form 1040A). OPT started on October 5, 2007 (and will end on October 4, 2008). Started job on November 5, 2007 and FICA taxes are being deducted. Is that right because I have been in the US for more than...

Fica taxes [ 1 Answers ]

As a 73 yr. old fileing as a sole propritor must I pay fica?

FICA Taxes under OPT [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know whether you have to pay FICA taxes while working under OPT. If not, what happens if you have already paid it last tax year, are you able to reclaim the amount. Thank you,

About FICA taxes! [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Taxexpert: I am an J-1 holder and doing research at a university in US now. I came here in 29th Oct. 2004. But this year,the FICA withheld in my wages. I want to know if I should pay this taxes or not? Thanks! Best, Spectra

Opt to h1b, fica taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My OPT is valid from June 2006 to May 2007. My H1B was aproved Dec 2006. My employer started deducting FICA from Dec 2006. I have not got my H1B visa stamped yet. Do I still have to pay FICA from Dec 2006? Thanks, Thomas

View more questions Search