Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coupon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2004, 10:33 PM
    Math Problem: Worker Efficiency
    Two employees are putting orders together for a distribution warehouse.

Warren picks 47 orders in 7 hours. The total number of pieces he picks is 538. The total number of locations on his orders is 415.

Preet picks 24 orders in 7.5 hours. The total number of pieces he picks is 1169. The total number of locations on his orders is 616.

Which employee is more efficient and why? Please show the work.

Thank-you, I am stuck with this one and need help.

Cheers,

Coupon
    eawoodall Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Mar 26, 2005, 12:27 AM
    who is better worker?
    what does the number of orders picked mean?
    what is an order picked?

total pieces used, and different places the used items were sent, seemed to be well understood.

do you value orders picked more than pieces sent, or do you value different places orders were sent more?

you must assign variables to define what has more value, and who is doing more work per unit of time.

X orders picked + Y total pieces shipped + Z different places items shipped=?
    ? / hours worked = how good at job.
    did person A or person B do a better job.

please provide more information.
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 26, 2005, 12:51 AM
    I doubt you will get a reply since the question is 14 months old.
    Dr_Calculus Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2005, 01:55 PM
    Yeah, on top of that, it's a really vague problem... how do we determine efficiency?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Could someone help with my math problem [ 3 Answers ]

Jim and Alice Lange, employees at Wal-Mart, have put themselves on a strict budget. Their goal at year’s end is to buy a boat for $15,000 in cash. Their budget includes the following: 40% food and lodging 20% entertainment 10% educational Jim earns $1,900 per month and Alice earns $2,400...

Math problem [ 10 Answers ]

The pasteurization temperature of milk by the High Temperature Short Time (HTST process is 161 Fahrenheit. What is this temperature in Centigrade? How do you work the problem and show all the work on paper.

Math problem [ 3 Answers ]

A restaurant sink compartment is 30" long and 24" wide. If filled to a depth of 12 inches, how many gallons are in the sink? I divided 35/171 my ans. Was 2.0467 and I rounded it to 2.05 GPG dosage. I'm sure it's wrong, but I don't know what I'm doing. How do you work the problem and show...

Math problem [ 3 Answers ]

A man walked 24,256 meters in two hours. How many miles per hour did he walk. How do you work the problem and show all the work on paper.

Math Problem: Worker Efficiency [ 1 Answers ]

Two employees are putting orders together for a distribution warehouse. Warren picks 47 orders in 7 hours. The total number of pieces he picks is 538. The total number of locations on his orders is 415. Preet picks 24 orders in 7.5 hours. The total number of pieces he picks is 1169. ...

View more questions Search