Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jun 12, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Single step income statement
    In a single step income statement, would "common stock outstanding" fall under expenses and losses or revenues and gains? I'm not sure I understand what it means.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Stock doesn't go on an income statement at all. It's an equity account.

Your accounting equation is the balance sheet:
    assets = liabilities + equity

Revenues and expense (which affect equity) are your income statement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple-step income statement in good form and retained earnings statement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like someone to check to see if I did this correctly, if I did not then please help. Thanks The Problem is: The following pretax amounts pertain to River Corp. for the year ended December 31, 2008. Sales... $400,000 Operating Expenses... 84,000 Extraordinary gain... 30,000...

Multi-step income statement [ 2 Answers ]

Bug-Off Exterminators provides pest control services and sells extermination products manufacture by other companies. The following table contains the company’s unadjusted trial balance as of December 31, 2005, the end of the company fiscal year. BUG-OFF EXTERMINATORS - December 31, 2005...

Single step and multi step income statement [ 0 Answers ]

I have to make single and multiple statement out of the followng accounts. How can I arrange the following and also I don't know about the last four items (where they will come on the income statement) Sales Revenue item ...

View more questions Search