Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troy100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2006, 11:30 PM
    Mower trouble
    I have a masport Tecumseh mower model number TVS90 43754P.It starts but revs up and down then conks out I've changed the paper filter and empted the fuel tank and put clean unleaded fuel back in any information on what would make it to do this would be great :confused:
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2006, 04:11 PM
    I'd give it a carb overhaul, gaskets/needle and seat and a good carb cleaner soak taken apart.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Hi,
    Did you check the spark plug? It could be a little "rusty", might need cleaning or replaced, and the gap checked.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2006, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    Did you check the spark plug? It could be a little "rusty", might need cleaning or replaced, and the gap checked.
    Usually surging doesn't happen with the plug (not saying it can't help it surge) but its usually the main jets clogged if its surging when at full throttle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too much oil in the mower-Please help anyone [ 7 Answers ]

I got my push mower out for the season and did the regular tune up - It was running great for the first mow. I checked the oil and subsequently ended putting too much oil in the mower and tried to start it for the second mow - I can not get it started - I have drained the excess oil, cleaned out...

Mtd mower won't mow [ 1 Answers ]

The lever that engages the mower blades on my mtd riding mower has started to go to far toward the steering wheel so the belts engage at the 1/2 way mark but then disengage because its gone too far. How do I fix this? Thank you

Mower trouble [ 3 Answers ]

:p I really hate mowers. My mom just bought a new oldish riding lawn mower. Once we got a new battery it ran great the only problem was that the blade wasn't cutting but we got that problem solved. :o :o we just had to apply the attachment clutch. After that it was running great then it ran out...

Push Mower Trouble [ 3 Answers ]

I tried to start my mower today and after a couple of pulls on the rope it locked up. I can not pull the rope nor can I turn the blade. Can someone help? Thanks

View more questions Search