Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cleancondenser Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2006, 05:45 PM
    Computer repair tech Freelance
    I am considereing investing in an A+ computer repair tech course
    Someone told me that companies such as Gatewy use freelance contractors to service their home computer warranties and support
    I would want to freelance
    Thank You
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 10, 2006, 06:12 PM
    Dell does, I had one come to my office last month to fix my lap top.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2006, 08:30 AM
    Hi,
    As with finding most jobs, references are always good to have. Get your A+ Certification, then look for either part-time or full time jobs with a computer sales/repair store, or other.
    After building a good reputation, you will then have persons to use as work-related references. I am not positive, but pretty sure, that Dell or any other manufacturer looking for "contractors" will require applications with past work experiences.
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Mar 11, 2006, 09:15 AM
    Fredg's approach is a perfectly reasonable approach. Another technique you can use to augment your knowledge and Fredg's advise is to search job sites and see what most employers are looking for in terms of skills, degrees, certifications, previous work experience, etc. Pay close attention to what skills are required for full time vs. contract/consulting employment. See what's in demand and tailor/customize your learning to meet most needs.

Casey

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

M-tech in distance mode [ 1 Answers ]

I completed my degree in B.Sc(computers).just now I completed my post graduation in M.B.A.I want to do M-tech now .Can you tell me about the details of the M-tech in distance mode

Support tech [ 2 Answers ]

When you call support tech they know everything what to do in a book or something? How does one like myself get the same book or info they do when they are talking to you over the phone? I would like to have the same informaion they have. Thank you [email protected]

I can't find a tech job. I need help. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 26 year old professional in the IT field. I was recently laid off from a company that is going out of business. I have been out of work for a few months now. I have tried everything; Resume professionaly done, job fairs, contacted consultants, signed up for every career finder website...

View more questions Search