Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    welderchick Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2006, 05:05 PM
    re: shoulder calcification
    I woke up in the middle of the night last night with excrutiating pain behind my shoulder along my shoulder blade area. I went to the hospital first thing this morning and the doctor showed me my x-rays and said I have "calcification" on my shoulder joint. What does that mean? Do you have any tips for sleeping comfortable at night at it hurts too much to lie on my back or lie on that shoulder (my left side)??

"welderchick"
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2006, 08:37 AM
    Hi, welder,
    This could also be arthritis calcification, also known as a "spur". I am not a Doctor, but am a person who has been taking Glucosime-Chrondoitin capsuls for about 5 years now.
    I had, notice the word "had", a calcification spur on my left shoulder. It really hurt. I could not even raise my arm over my head. The X-Ray should the spur.
    The spur is now gone!
    My wife went to a Gastroenterologist for a stomach problem, which he cured. He also told her to start using the same capsuls for the back of her neck. She had been on arthritis prescription medication for 4 years... not helping her that much. She has been using these Glocos capsuls now for a year, and is much, much better, with hardly any pain at all!
    It would well be worth your time and a little money to buy a bottle of Glucosamine-Chondroitin capsuls.
    I get them from:
    http://www.americannutrition.com, about $23, including shipping, for 240 capsuls. Much cheaper than in our local drug stores.
    Although your Doctor may not have mentioned "arthritis", calcium deposits are in the same neighborhood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recovery from Shoulder Replacement [ 0 Answers ]

I wondering if anybody has had the Copeland™ Minimally Invasive Shoulder Resurfacing procedure, and what their experience has been with this type of shoulder joint replacement. How long was recovery afterward, and how much strength and function did you get back. Could you play tennis and golf? ...

Broken shoulder [ 0 Answers ]

?? when the humerus fractures at the shoulder, what changes occur that make it difficult or impossible to raise the arm??

View more questions Search