Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 12, 2008, 04:16 AM
    Uninstalling Nortons
    I'm attempting to get Nortons out of my system but it won't let me. It shuts me down in the add-remove program. It will not allow me access when I attempt to use a file wiper. I have two firewalls running at the same time on a Vista platform. I want Nortons out of my computer. How do I do this? Thanks, Tom
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 12, 2008, 04:20 AM
    This should help: Download and run the Norton Removal Tool
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 12, 2008, 05:05 AM
    Thanks Ben,
    It worked but Nortons sure fought back. Thanks again, Tom
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 12, 2008, 05:05 AM
    Anytime, mate.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Now you know why some of us don't put Norton on to begin with. Last time I tried it, it locked up my computer in the middle of installing.
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Jun 20, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Glad to see you got Norton uninstalled. I have a computer business and I tell all clients to avoid Norton products like the plague. Not only is their suite a system resource hog, but it causes all sorts of conflicts with other software and even hardware at times. Honestly, I feel the same about McAfee. The free programs available online are far more effective, take up less space, less resources and of course don't affect the wallet. :) Can't beat that right? You do have another anti-virus program installed right? How about anti-spyware?

(Sorry, hope this post isn't too off-topic. Just glad you got rid of Norton)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstalling toilets [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, Can someone please tell me how to uninstall a toilet. I would really like to avoid the bad smell afterwards reoccuring:

Uninstalling drivers [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there I have been getting blue screen errors due to a driver issue. I am using a Dell Vista32bit. The stop code is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000D1( 0x00040019, 0x0000002, 0x000000000, 0x90375F5B) How do I know which driver is causing the issue? or How do I uninstall all...

Help me with nortons please [ 1 Answers ]

Hope some one can help me! I have just come back from my mother in laws and she wanted me to update her nortons 2005 to 2006 She has just brought a HP Photosmart 2575 all on one printer etc After a bit of research a found that nortons and the printer don't like each other. Which is not that...

Uninstalling my Xp [ 20 Answers ]

Hello. Got a complicated problem. My windows xp crashed so I tried to install a separate xp system.. this did not work because I had the wrong product key(don't ask) So fine bought a brand new xp system. Problem is I have one operating system on my computer and half of another. I want to totally...

Uninstalling software [ 1 Answers ]

I recentley installed some autocad software, but it didn`t fully install and now I can`t uninstall the program and it is causing loads of problems with the computer. Even my smart restore won`t work so I can`t take it back to an earlier time. What do you suggest I do?

View more questions Search