Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjm5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Trane XE 80 AC or Heat not working LED is blinking contsly
    My AC stop e working and a tech told me it was the blower motor so I went out and purchased a replacement. The replacement said it was a 3 speed and not a 4 like the one I had will that make a difference? The new one didn't have one wire that the other one had and when I asked the person I bought it from they said that is because they were different speeds. Is that true? The Motor did not cut on when replaced but it is not getting hot like the other one was either.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Did you add a new capictor when installing new motor,, is very important,, yes the extra wires are probable for different speeds,, most airhandlers just need 2 speeds,, so the extra wires are just that(extra)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore dishwasher not working. Lights blinking, tries but won't work [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 66516712000 dishwasher. Tonight my daughter's bathtub was on the counter above it and the seam cracked letting a baby bath full of water drip down the counter and into the dishwasher. Now it has various lights blinking (Cancel is on, and turns on though I did not ask it too) ...

No flame, Yellow LED blinking every second, blower working, How do I fix it? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Furance that is one year old. Everything appears to be working fine but no flame when I turn uo the T-stat. LEd is blinking every second. Any ideas? Chris

Trane A/C Not Working [ 1 Answers ]

I attempted to turn my trane central air on at the thermostat by turning the power on and lowering the teperature, and NOTHING!! I automatically suspected that the circuit had tripped to I went to the breaker it was in the on position , so I flipped it and went back to the stat. NOTHING. I tried...

View more questions Search