Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Jun 11, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Dandruff ?
    Does anyone know why my brother's dog would have white flakes(that look like dandruff) running through his black fur?
    AlwaysWriting Posts: 131, Reputation: 6

Jun 11, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Probably didn't rinse all of the shampoo out last time, or he has dry skin. Try using fish oil in his food.

Jun 11, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Thanks, but what's fish oil?
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Jun 11, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Are these things actually moving, or do they stay put? If they are moving, I would think of lice. There is also a parasite called Chyletiella (not sure that is spelled right) that causes a condition called "walking dandruff". If they are on the move, its time for a visit to the vet.

Jun 12, 2008, 02:25 AM
    They are not moving
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2008, 08:00 AM
    If the air is dry, it will cause the skin to be dry and flaky as well. I currently live in an area classified as the edge of the high desert, and am constantly running a humidifier to get the humidity up from around 15% to a much more comfortable 40%. Unfortunately, running central air or heat dries the air out.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 13, 2008, 12:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rex123
    Does anyone know why my brother's dog would have white flakes(that look like dandruff) running through his black fur?
    A dull coat and dry skin flaking, is also another symptom of worms.

(referring to your other question)

Talk to your brother and your parents, and get the poor dog to your local vet.
    dmaildocs Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2008, 12:29 PM
    I once took my schnauzer to the vet. I had him up on the table and I noticed white flaking. It looked terrible. The Doctor told me that because a dog doesn't sweat sometimes they flake. And they flake a lot more when they are stressed out. Make sure the pup is getting lots of exercise and nothing is stressing him out. But it would seem to be normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fading hair color with dandruff shampoo [ 11 Answers ]

So, as much as I advise other people against it, I faded my hair color with Head and Shoulders. It got almost all of the dye out of the bottom half. So the top is dark, the bottom is light. It looks horribly damaged. If I dye it again, will the top half even receive the color?

Dandruff cure? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Sir, How do I cure my dandruff? I've got plenty dandruff, after I've combed my hair. Any affective treatments and a good recommendation on anti dandruff shampoos? Kindly respond promptly?

Best dandruff shampoo [ 8 Answers ]

Hello My hair seems to be really dry lately. What is a good dandruff shampoo?

Hair loss and dandruff. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm age 17 and this started to happen a few months back. My hair would never fall down when I did anything, but now it's starting to easily. And I really thought that I took great care of my hair.. Anytime when I take a shower, I would see about twelve or more long hairs fall off (Esp. right...

Got dandruff [ 10 Answers ]

Hi! Can anybody tell me some remedy for.. I got a lot of dandruff in my hairs plus in scalp too... my hair are dry... please tell me something that helpss... thanx

View more questions Search