Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    veronicamaldo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Probation Transfer
    I recently put in a request to transfer my probation from Texas to New Mexico and they haven't answered our request yet.What could be taking them so long?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 02:27 PM
    How long has it been ? Your state has to approve and then a request is sent to the other state for approval. Has it been over 8 weeks??
    veronicamaldo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 02:34 PM
    I put a request in for my probation to be transferred and they haven't replied to our request.I was wondering what the delay could be.I have lived there for 2 years and I have a job there.We filled the request on Monday Morning and today is Wednesday. What can I do to find out what is taking so long
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 02:47 PM
    It may not even be off the PO desk in two days, I have seen two months to be happen. It has to go to the PO's supervisor along with a report by the PO, and if they recommend a OK for the judges office to sign, after than, it comes back to be sent to a PO office in the area you want to go.
    After they receive the paperwork, they process it, and get it signed,

Two days?? Sorry, really I doubt it is even reviewed in the PO office yet.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Hello v:

Why don't you pick up the phone and call the po?

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Something like this can take weeks or months. Don't expect them to drop everything just for you to do the paperwork. Give them some time to review this matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation transfer from WI. [ 3 Answers ]

My friend was living in Tennessee and got a little behind on his child support after 22 years of paying religiously, and was extradited to Wisconsin and spent a year in jail there. They let him out with time served and one year's probation almost 2 months ago. He has been trying to get transferred...

Probation Transfer [ 2 Answers ]

Im entirely frustrated. I am stuck in Texas, with no friends, family, and support. When I first moved down here, I caught a felony charge dealing with someone I thought was a friends. I then pursued to toughing it out for the next 2 1/2 years, with no satisfaction or results. Im fed up and...

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My brother got a 1 yr. probation sentence from a dui while living in orlando.he has lived there 2 yrs. He wanted to move back to Massachusetts but they say he has to stay in Florida until his probation is over. However w/no license to work he can't pay rent. His entire family is here in...

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I received probation.We had to accept a plea agreement and 2 felony 4's.All allegations of dangerous crimes against children have been lifted.Our 3 children live in Maryland with a relative.This relative doesn't want us to get our children back.We lost our infant son in March 1999.We...

View more questions Search