Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonbase44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Identify Larvae
    Please could you identify the larvae in the attached photo, it is about 10mm long. I found it attached to the wall of my apartment in Tenerife today. (It wasn't there last night) I have put it in a glass container & a tiny caterpillar like grub keeps coming half out, then going back in.
    I was planning on keeping it in the container, to see what it eventually becomes. There are lots of these on the outside wall & nobody seems to know what they are? Thanks Derek.
    Attached Images

Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Oh I've got some in my garage. They don't do anything bad from what I know. I think that they collect dust to make their kind of 'shell'. My garage is pretty dirty lol and they're found only there. Maybe your apartment is bit of dusty? Anyway, you can kill it or throw it away if its annoying you.
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 01:53 AM
    Sorry, I don't know anything that may interest you. It's perhaps the larva of a tiny moth. I found several in my garage where I find those larvae.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Your photo does look similar to this case bearer moth larva.
    What's That Bug: Clothes Moths, Case-Bearers and Meal Moths

Uber Member

Jun 24, 2008, 03:38 AM
    Hey, nice pics from that link Firm!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 09:34 AM
    You are welcome moonbase!

I can't take credits for the pics;),but thank you Unknown.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Identifying a pinkish white larvae in my home [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to identify a new pest in my home - it's a pinkish white larvae with a dot at its head. I live in Western Washington. The weather has just started cooling off for the fall here and in the past 3 days I have found 9 of these larvae, all but one of them on the ceiling of my laundry...

Larvae with Tails Found in Horse Trough, What are They? [ 3 Answers ]

One of my 7th grade Science students found these in her horse trough and we can't figure out what they are. http://www.csd49.org/cms/classpages/img/unidentified_living_thing1.jpg http://www.csd49.org/cms/classpages/img/unidentified_living_thing2.jpg When cut open their insides were white...

Larvae Like Pest [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I have been seeing several small larvae looking things that resemble a cream colored caterpillar about a half inch in length. I have been remodelling my house for quite a while and am about to repaint but am trying to figure out what these things are. They seem to go to the corners...

Help me identify this larvae-like bug [ 0 Answers ]

I've found this trying to sneak into my house, can someone helpme identify it? :confused: http://www.cercadonet.com/larvae_bug.jpg Thanks in advance

View more questions Search