Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bangu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Trojan.ByteVerify & Downloader Virus
    Hi,
    My system has been infected with two Trojan.ByteVerify and one Downloader virus. I am using Windows Vista and the above virsuses were detected by Norton Security Scan that I have on my system. However, I have not bought the antivirus software yet so all the definations are not updated. I called Norton to find how can I get rid of the viruses. They suggested me that I would not be able to remove the viruses even if buy the software since my system got infected before buying the software. So I checked on internet for solutions. But I did not find anything for Windows Vista. The viruses are located in the following folder...
    C:\Users\Alex\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment \cache\6.0\59\107cd1bb-22820c7e
    I am not very smart with computers. Could you please suggest how can I remove these viruses from my system. Thank you in advance.
    Alex.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 10, 2008, 10:46 PM
    Options:
    a) Attempt automated removal via an online scan such as Trend Micro's Housecall.

b) Manually remove the virus(s) using Symantec's removal instructions. Usually, instructions for Windows 2000 or XP will work just as well for Vista. Virus definitions can also be manually applied after expiration by downloading from Symantec and decompressing to the correct folder with a decompression utility such as 7-Zip.

c) Take computer to reputable service center for thorough cleaning.

Be sure to run to run Windows Update after cleaning to patch the vulnerability that allowed you to become infected in the first place.
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Jun 13, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Similar questions asked here

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trojan.ByteVerify & Downloader Virus [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My system has been infected with two Trojan.ByteVerify and one Downloader virus. I am using Windows Vista and the above virsuses were detected by Norton Security Scan that I have on my system. However, I have not bought the antivirus software yet so all the definations are not updated. I...

Trojan Downloader virus [ 2 Answers ]

I think my laptop affected by Trojan downloader virus. If I click start button windows logging off, also my L key is not functioning. But sometimes when I try to type on address bar automatically types L continuously. Example: (LLLLLLLLLLLLL). Please help me to solve.

Trojan.ByteVerify How do I get rid of it [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried norton, various other spywar removers and I still can't seem to get rid of this \\\\\\\\\its located in c:\WINDOWS\TEMP files that's where all the virus messages are coming from, I looked into a few of the simialr threads here but not sure if it's the same kind of problem How do...

Trojan.ByteVerify [ 2 Answers ]

How do I remove Trojan.ByteVerify for free

Trojan. ByteVerify- I need help please! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have encountered this trojan and it seems to be working hard to avoid deletion. MW 2000-5.00.2195 Service Pack 4 Intel (R) Celeron CPU 1.80 Ghz Dell Dimension 2300 The additional bugs found by Ad-Aware are: Beyond.Class

View more questions Search