Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davmarfle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Dedication ceremony gift
    I've been invited to a dedication ceremony and reception (someone is being honored by having a building dedicated in their name. What type of gift is appropriate for such an occasion? Are gifts in order?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Gifts are not typically in order. Assuming that the organization is a non-profit (school, hospital, church, etc), you might consider making a donation to the organization and note that it's in honor of the person. If you were running the ceremony you might consider some sort of memento to be presented to the donor (such as a framed proclamation from the board of directors), but attendees to this type of ceremony don't normally bring gifts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceremony site ? [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting married on October 18,2008 . The reception is being held at Michael's 8th Avenue in Glen Burnie , Maryland @ 8 p.m. I have not decided on a ceremony location as of right now. I have been looking into churches but not sure if that's what I want to do. I don't know about an outside...

Is dedication a bad thing [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married for 5 yrs. We got pregnant with our daughter about 2 months into dating, which was no big deal, we new we loved each other very much. We now have a son, we have two wonderful children. She says that we are disconnected and that we should get divorced, I for one don't...

Getting married before having the ceremony. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. My fiancé and I want to know what decision is wise. Should we get married, and then have are ceremony when we can afford to? Or Should we just wait to get married and save until we can afford to have the ceremony?:confused:

Second Wedding Ceremony [ 8 Answers ]

My husband is in the military. We have been together for a little over 5 years, but only married (this month will be) 9 months. We planned on getting married when he graduated basic training. He told me that he wasn't going to be able to come home before going off to his first duty station. I was...

View more questions Search