Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    funky_gurl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 07:34 AM
    What's happening to me?
    I am 14 year old girl, and it seems as if my life is messed up and empty too.
    Well I better begin with the beginning, so, last year in summer it was massive time and now during the winter etc. everything is sad but that's not the point. I couldn't let go of my past; my childhood, and also last summer, and I knew I had to only focus on my present and future and leave the past behind even if the present is awful. So I put away those things which remind me of the past, because I had been wishing time had not passed, and I was miserable as I was sort of afraid of the future but these 2 months I made up my mind. But now it's like I'm living without a reason, mum won't let me do anything but I accepted it, but now I am always sad, and it seems that my life is empty, I am fed up with the same days, always boring, and also now I am forgeting almost everything and it is getting on my nerves, I don't know what to do. Even worse I cry for nothing, which I mean example last time my friend told me to hang out with their group and I was so overjoyed that I had to turn away to hide my tears ot last time my italian teacher told me to read more in italian because I'm hopeless in it and I couldn't look at her face because I was in tears. And now I am getting nervous every time with everything.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read this,
    I apreciate a lot for any help
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jun 10, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Wow, your right this is a big one, first I may be wrong but I think you are looking at this the wrong way. Your saying that your thinking "ok i am going to let go of my past, and embrace your future" but in doing so you let go of all the things you were used to, now your sad, because your life has no meaning, before the meaning of life was what was going on, even though it sucked, it at least was a meaning. Now you have to FIND meaning, your mom isn't going to find it for you, niether is your teacher, or friends, you have to FIND it. And you have to look yourself in the mirror, and STOP being sorry for yourself. Then you go out and find meaning, its not going to come to you if all your doing is trying to forget the past, because the second part of than statement is embrace your future, witch you have not done. If your mom won't let you do anything at home, get out of the house. You've got to realize that bad things happen, and all of us have to live each day with them, but we all have to learn that the past is never going to leave, and then move on, or else you'll have a lot of memories of the past, of you looking back at the past. You have to stop thinking about, yesterday and tomorrow, you have to look at today, and how you'll fix tomorrow and make your life better TODAY!
    I hope this helps
    AlwaysWriting Posts: 131, Reputation: 6

Jun 10, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Well my dearest,

It sounds to me like you might be suffering from a long-term about of depression or possibly have Borderline Personality Disorder. Do your research on the web and see if the criteria fits your symptoms. Also, you need to speak with a parent and tell them how you're feeling, as most health insurance companies will pay for you to see a psychiatrist or psychologist. There's nothing wrong in seeking help or speaking your problems out with a professional, the first step is admitting that you have a problem and that you wish to get better. Busy yourself with activities, such as playing cards or hanging out with friends, you need to cheer up. *Hugs*
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_gurl
    I am 14 year old girl...

I couldn't let go of my past; my childhood, and also last summer, and I knew I had to only focus on my present and future and leave the past behind even if the present is awful. So I put away those things which remind me of the past, because I had been wishing time had not passed, and I was miserable as I was sort of afraid of the future but these 2 months I made up my mind.
    Sweetheart, why do you feel like you have to "give up your childhood?" I'm 28 and I still hold on to the precious memories of childhood... life was easier when I was a child, I was able to talk with my parents any time of the day, I had meals prepared for me and didn't have to work, I got out of school and could go home and read a book - and disappear into a world of literature. Childhood isn't something to be forgotten or passed over, it's the foundation for what you are going to be when you're an adult!

Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, sweetie. Take the time to appreciate the things that are extra special in your life, in your childhood, in your past, your present, and your shiny-bright future. Don't choose to forget what you've learned and come through. Use the sunny days of childhood as a reminder that no matter what, you can always appreciate the little things in life.

Growing up too soon isn't good. Be yourself, that beautiful 14 year old girl that you are. When people talk bad about you, don't worry. As long as you know that you are being the best that you can be, the most beautiful girl in your world, as long as you hold on to that truth, you'll be OK.

You have a unwritten, shimmery, shiny future ahead of you... don't ever forget that!
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Jun 10, 2008, 01:21 PM
    I don't think the way you feel is uncommon for a 14 year old girl. For the crying and getting nervous part, that seems like something seriouser (I'm sorry if that's not a word). YOu could go to the doctor but she/he may put you on anti-depressants and from what I've heard those thing are dangerous so watch out.
    Over half a year ago I went through a rough patch and never talk to anyone and it ended up with me doing stupid things. I urge you to talk to someone about it for you own good.
    Necronot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 04:47 PM
    It's not fun, is it? I've had this feeling, (or lack thereof,) for a while, too. I think... or at least hope that one day, you just wake up and go, "Hey, I'm alive again!" Until then, all you can really do is keep going, unless you have a way to find and fix whatever the reason this is happening is. My advice would be to find something new to occupy yourself: something that you can spend a lot of time doing, and is productive. Any kind of training, really. Just ask yourself what you'd like to be better about you, and then find a way to make yourself better at it. And don't let them put you on antidepressants... if it feels like the only thing you have left is depression, getting rid of your depression is not a good idea. Good luck.
    Danap Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Aug 23, 2008, 10:05 PM
    You know, if nothing else, I would suggest that you make sure you talk to someone. Your parents, best friend, trusted relative. Someone that you know is trustworthy and respectful. I say this because I know first hand how bad things can seem when you keep it all to yourself. You don't want to try to make decisions for yourself while you are in a depressed state. It is possible that you are just having growing pains and this will all pass with time. But if you feel this bad all the time and you are not sure why, then you want to be on the safe side. Talk it out, get it off your chest. Take care of yourself.
    amanda-kym Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Aug 24, 2008, 07:18 AM
    If you are feeling really down you could ask a doctor to refer you to a counsillor. They will listen so you can get things of your chest, advise you on how to deal with the things that are bothering you and help you make more sense of your feelings. I would suggest you did that before trying the anti depressants as I have been down both roads and sometimes you just need someone to help you sort out your thoughts and feelings
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2008, 09:32 AM
    My daughter was like that too always sad and crying but when you get older you will find a life and a reason for being. Make the best of everything as much as possible now and work towards a good future. My daughter ended up dropping out of high school, going for her GED, joining the air force, buying a house and having a baby. I think she still has depression at times but she is happy with her life.
    In a way a little depression can be good because often they are the ones that turn out more creative and have a deeper insight to life than people who are always happy and often tend to be more shallow. Find interests, even if it is looking things up on the internet and work toward things you can see yourself doing in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's happening? [ 4 Answers ]

The guy that I'm currently seeing is more affectionate and more talkative (engaged in conversation) with me when in front of his friends that when we're alone. What's up with that? :confused: :( :mad: :confused:

What's happening [ 1 Answers ]

I have a similar problem. I'm on the pill "Ortho Tri-Cyclen" I've been using it for 2 months and my last two periods have been normal but I haven't gotten it yet this month and I have found think brown discharge I've read that it could be a different type of period. But I'm not sure because...

What is happening? [ 7 Answers ]

Was on the depo shot since July 2005. Took the last dose in September and haven't had one since then. Had periods from basically dec. I had a period in early feb. but then didn't have one again. March 26th I took a pregnancy test that was negative, started my period the next day that lasted 2 1/2,...

What is happening? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to the site. This is a hard one and have no one I can really confide in or talk to about this but need some answers. I have known my landlord for two years now and I have had a strange relationship with him in that time. He is quite a funny chap who is hard to communicate with...

View more questions Search