Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srulik86 Posts: 168, Reputation: 3

Jun 10, 2008, 01:48 AM
    Do I contact her ?
    OK its been a month and a bit since me and my ex split. She dumped me by text and never let me have my chance to say anything to her. Lately I've doing a lot of work on my own and so have had lenty of time to think of things that I wanted to say. Now that its been so long and I still feel so bottled up, should I/cud I send her an email saying everything I wanted to say starting with 'firstly this sint trying to win you back, its just the things I never had the chance to say to you... ' what do you think?
    ka1111 Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

Jun 10, 2008, 02:09 AM
    I think not...

Jun 10, 2008, 02:11 AM
    But I just feel so trapped with all the things I never said
    mrchef1110 Posts: 62, Reputation: 8

Jun 10, 2008, 02:37 AM
    Keep no contact if she wants to hear it she will contact you

My advice write it down in a letter your never going to send it will help you get a lot of the things off your chest

Jun 10, 2008, 03:37 AM
    Yea I'm going to do that today. I'm going to write the whole thing put it away and know that 2morow I will be gla di didn't send it.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Jun 10, 2008, 05:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by srulik86
    yea im gonna do that today. im gonna write the whole thing put it away and know that 2morow i will be gla di didnt send it.
    Good idea.

One day you will be fine to send her a letter, and then you can do it. However, I can guarantee the letter will read much differently then...
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 06:03 AM
    I agree with everyone, stick with no contact you will come back the next day and feel better than you didn't send it
    damaged Posts: 186, Reputation: 11

Jun 10, 2008, 06:12 AM
    I'd have to go with everybody else too... stick to NC and the letter is a good idea.. its a way of saying what you feel without actually talking to her... be careful & don't send it!
    brkfstatiffs Posts: 263, Reputation: 21

Jun 10, 2008, 10:15 AM
    ok its been a month and a bit since me and my ex split. she dumped me by text and never let me have my chance to say anything to her. lately ive doing alot of work on my own and so have had lenty of time to think of things that i wanted to say. now that its been so long and i still feel so bottled up, shud i/cud i send her an email saying everything i wanted to say starting with 'firstly this sint trying to win u back, its just the things i never had the chance to say to you...' what do u think?
    It is very inmature to dump someone over text in my opinion, unless she is 13. Move on to a girl who gets it and has the guts to call you and COMMUNICATE.
    MR SADSACK Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Hey I agree with everyone here too
    NO CONTACT its been as hard as hell for me to do the same thing and you get your moments and you get your days I find certyain things will remind me of her then I think... maybe I will just to get closure...
    You know something my friend closure is b/s
    It's a word you use to have contact again...
    Why she did this to you in such a manner is horrible and not right...
    But SHE dod it and she needs to live with it...
    Does it get better?
    Of course it does but its not an overnight thing I cried 4 times yesterday and I'm a grown man... I just blubbered..
    Then coming in to work today that light shone on me again... the one from the end of the tunnel and you know something... its getting brighter by the day... it's a way off but it is getting brighter
    Talking to her will make things much much worse hang in there a little longer you have many here who will help
    Its funny we forget so many other magnificent things in our lives while we concentrate on them...
    Just remember this... for every minute you sit round worrying about her and thinking what she is doing you lose on your own life...
    Take a look round today my friend and embrace 'other things' I'm trying I'm like you its not easy but by god it DOES WORK!

Jun 10, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Mr sadsackm I thank you! Everyone tells me the same thing but for soe reason your response really hit home and really gave me a wake up call. Eveyrthing you say is right! Thank you everyone. Do you use msn? It would be good to talk online.
    Questions2007 Posts: 127, Reputation: 26

Jun 11, 2008, 06:17 AM
    ok its been a month and a bit since me and my ex split. she dumped me by text and never let me have my chance to say anything to her. lately ive doing alot of work on my own and so have had lenty of time to think of things that i wanted to say. now that its been so long and i still feel so bottled up, shud i/cud i send her an email saying everything i wanted to say starting with 'firstly this sint trying to win u back, its just the things i never had the chance to say to you...' what do u think?
    No, don't contact her. If you harbour any desire to get back together with her, then any contact must come from her.

Bear in mind that she dumped you by text. That is cowardly. Why would you want to be with someone like that anyway?

Jun 11, 2008, 06:47 AM
    I agree, don't contact her...

I was dumped over the phone, which bothered me for a while, so I can imagine that text is that much worse. In time it won't bother you anymore, but it still makes you feel like you were owed a little more than that.

Jun 11, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Exactly. 4 weeks previous she came up to me crying her eyes out syaing she is brekaing down that she idnt with me anymore. I gave her the chance to talk after she had spent the previous 4 months playing complete mind games and mucking me around. But being a decent human being I gave her the chance to talk. But when she decided it was over again she didn't and still won't give me that chance.
    thoughtiwastheman Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

Jun 11, 2008, 08:47 AM
    I've maintained NC for about two years now. I see my ex every now and then and she even came up to me once while I was talking to some friends and we had a normal conversation. Were there any feelings involved? Absolutely not. Was it weird and a bit strange? Of course! Just today though I sent her an invitation to be my friend again on a social network site (she had tried many times before but I denied all offers) and I offered a chance to meet and catch up. I did these things knowing 100% sure and confident that I have no feelings for her and that since we dated for 6 years and I knew her for longer than that that its only normal for us to have some form of communication open. You've only been apart for a month. You can lie and say that you are ready to talk to her but from my experience I know that it took me months if not years. Don't do anything you are not ready for. I think the letter is a great idea. I wrote a lot when I went through my breakup. Don't just write a letter to her though. I would suggest you write down your thoughts, feelings, ideas, and anything related to the relationship. Write poetry if you have to and most of all continue using this forum and talk to more experienced people. I really don't think you're ready to have any contact with her. Keep this mine too. She left and never gave you a chance to speak your mind which to me is very disrespectful. Do you want someone like that? Ask yourself a lot of questions and try to answer them on your own because in the end, regardless of all the advise you get on here, only you can help yourself.

Jun 11, 2008, 12:27 PM
    I completley agree. What kind of respect is that. She claims she was too annoyed at me to even think about meeting up and talking... but I mena come on. Just like that she turns and goes right, uve been in a miserable mood - I'm going to dump you by text! And that's it! Shows me that she neve cared at all! Really annoying! AND I KNOW THIS IS FOR BEST! But its so hard, because I really miss the girl I used to go out with! And horrible knowiong poele who don't care for her like I do/did, see her and have abetter relationship wiuth her than I do and ever will again!

Jun 11, 2008, 12:41 PM
    i completley agree. what kind of respect is that. she claims she was too annoyed at me to even think about meeting up and talking.....but i mena come on. just like that she turns and goes right, uve been in a miserable mood - im gonna dump u by text! and thats it! shows me that she neve cared at all! really annoying! AND I KNOW THIS IS FOR BEST! but its so hard, coz i really miss the girl i used to go out with! and horrible knowiong poele who dont care for her like i do/did, see her and have abetter relationship wiuth her than i do and ever will again!
    These are just some of the reasons for NC my friend. It is MUCH easier to remember who they were when you were together. If you can come to the understanding that it wasn't meant to be, and respect and remember them how they were, you avoid all of the confusion and questions which come from watching them change.

Perhaps they won't change at all, but just in case they do, get lost. It hurts to watch someone yo knew so well for so long change like that. You don't need that confusion.

Jun 11, 2008, 12:53 PM
    I just feel so used and played by this girl. Ikeep thinking of when we first met. It was like love at first site... we were besotted with each other and now we're strangers. It's so sad. Time to get back to me. Get my career up and running, get fit, read more and do things I've never done before.
    squeaks77 Posts: 113, Reputation: 19
    -

Jun 11, 2008, 01:00 PM
    srulik86 -
    I don't mean to be a b I tch but I've read your other posts saying how aweful you treated HER as well. Don't blame her just to make yourself feel better because you know deep down it was not all her fault. That will just harm you more in the long run.
    damaged Posts: 186, Reputation: 11

Jun 11, 2008, 01:03 PM
    It is sad!. When you think about the moments you spent together and the things you did & the "love".. but nothing lasts forever!. so now is time to move on!. & like you said: Time to get back to YOU, your career, your health & everything else... Good things will come!. (they promissed) :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search