Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jadyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 12:51 AM
    Serious swelling of legs and having shin lumps
    My mom is about 50+ of age, all along she has been having quite a lot of problems with the legs i.e.. occasional leg pains. However, it has been quite serious for her recently that her legs have become really very swollen, especially the right foot (around the ankle and shin part). In addition, small lumps have been discovered on her shin and veins are popping out in a very threatening way which looks like bruises. Just only recently that she tried to scratch her feet and I supposed she burst a vein accidentally and blood came squirting out continuously. Now she's having a lot of difficulties rasing her legs high and even walking. She's currently working and this requires her to stand for long hours, causing her feet to be in contact with water.

Any kind souls ard who will be able to tell be what exactly my mom's condition is? She's currently accepting some accupuncture from a chinese physician which do not really have any evident results seen.

Thanks for the reference.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Have mom see a medical doctor for this problem. Accupuncture can't help her condition that I can see and not getting the proper treatment may make her condition worse. If she stands a lot at her job she definitely needs to get some medical attention before she can't stand or walk. I have no idea what her condition is but it does not sound good from what you have described here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bumps/Lumps on Arms, Legs, Stomach and Back. [ 1 Answers ]

I have raised bumps on arms, legs, stomach and back. If you look at my arms they look normal, but when you feel them I feel like there are several internal bumps from button sized to a size of dime. They are a bit painful. But not sure what these are. Any idea? Again you will know that I have bumps...

Lump on my left shin. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have just found a lump on my left shin but on the inside of my leg. What could this be?? I cannot remember bumping my leg anywhere recently however I do play lots of different contact sports. I will of course go see my doctor but I was just wondering if anybody knew what this could...

Shin splints? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know if I have a stress fracture in my leg or just have shin splints?

Preventing Shin Splints [ 5 Answers ]

My avatar might have already given it away, but I like to Irish dance. I stretch, warm up, then stretch again before practicing, but I still get painful shin splints. The area on the inside right along my shin bone hurts really badly after I work out for 30 minutes. I can't seem to isolate...

View more questions Search