Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Iaminpain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 12:36 AM
    Swollen finger. Is this some fungal or bacterial infection.
    Hi All,

I have been to a adventure trip and spent many hours in water. Ifelt that the skiin attached to nail of my middle finger of right hanf has become loose. I felt burning sensation while eating. A week later it was paining... and since last three days it startted swelling with lot of pain.

Some suggested me put mehndi to reduce burning sensation. However that did not help.
    Please see attached pic. The redness is due to mehndi.
    Attached Images

charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 04:54 AM
    Take some tylenol to bring down swelling, maybe wrap it in ice, but it's not just a cuticle being torn that is the problem, there may be an infection since it's so swollen and has lasted for so long. You should go to the doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bacterial infection again? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had 3 bacterial infections in the past 7 months. Now any kind of disharge worries me. I constantly wonder if it has come back a forth time! I have slight white discharge that usually just appears in the toilet when I use the restroom. It doesn't have a smell, but I'm still worried,...

Nail Fungal Infection [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get rid of nail fungal infection. Is Lamisil Oitment just fine to use?

UTI/Bacterial Infection [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I'm 8 weeks pregnant and when I pass my urine I feel very little burning and even see some white blood cells in my urine and can even smell some foulness. I talked to my Doctor about it but she said even if I've any Bacterial infection/UTI I can't be treated until I finish my First Trimester.I...

Bacterial Infection [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what PSEUDOMO is,and how is it treated

Bacterial infection [ 3 Answers ]

I had a bacterial vaginal infection diagnosed 2 weeks ago. Saw the dr. got medicine. It cleare d up, now it's back. I have another appt. next week, but why does this keep happening. I wash everyday, keep myself clean etc. :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search