Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmy96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Home improvements gone bad- statute of limitations
    In 2006 we hired a contracter to remodel our kitchen. It was supposed to take 6-8 weeks, 2 years later it's still not complete. The company we hired screwed up so much and hit us with what we feel was an outrageous "extras" amount towards the end(12K), we've already paid them more than 54K. I stated to our contractor that we were not at all happy with their work and would not make any more payments. Out last payment to them was made in Dec 2006. We changed our locks in Nov 2007.
    We want to know what our statute of limitations is for sueing them or even them sueing us?
    We live in Ontario,Canada.
    Hope you can help
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2008, 07:03 AM
    Do you have a contract with them, a financing arrangement with them? I don't quite understand the financial picture here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations [ 9 Answers ]

Long story short... I have autobody bills outstanding, I have been sent all the invoices for them with the dates. The earliest date being 2 years ago and last one 4 years ago, this is the first letter sent about this issue. They tell me they will take me to court. What is the statute of...

Home Improvements grants for disabled [ 5 Answers ]

I am in need of grant money either government or private to use for remodeling the home that I own for handicap accesability, or possibly purchasing a home - a substantial amount is needed because the house is both old and small. Are there any legitimate resources free help with that ? I am a 44...

Manufactored Home Improvements [ 1 Answers ]

I searched this whole site for the answer, but surprisingly it doesn't look like it's ever been asked. My father-in-law bought an older Mobile Home and is giving it an almost complete overhaul. He asked me for my "input/ideas" for the best way to run wiring between the ceiling and the outside of...

Statute of limitations [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Ontario, Canada and 10 years ago my father got into an accident at work which left him unable to work, he didn't know english and so he couldn't find another job, the insurance company didn't give us a penny for 5 years and so we were forced to go on welfare. I was about 11 years old...

View more questions Search