Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    len21 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Going to be at the same dinner out with ex!
    Hey all, well have not been on here for a while have not really felt like I needed to. But last week had a bit of a drama I had an email from my ex saying how much he misses me like crazy and how he sometimes thinks about us talking our problems through and being happy again.. then sent another email apolagising saying he was glad I was moving on and didn't need to hear about his issues!! So that that weird got moved on, text him back said all good about the email and was nice to know he had not forgotten about me toatally and he answered " hardly at all actually" anway now I have found out that he will be at a mutual friends dinner this week... very weird feeling esp after the email last week, plus I am seeing someone else now and was going to ask him along but toatally don't want to do that to my ex. I just really don't know how the situation will feel, is it bad that I am actually looking forward to seeing him?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 9, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Hi len21.

I would say that depends on how long you have been apart. It could be that he just had a sentimental moment with or without alcohol, and might have reached out. Of course you felt good that he has not forgotten you altogether, but if you don't plan on going back to square one (remembering the reason for the break-up and consequent pain and healing process) then I would go with the initial plans and take your current boyfriend with you. Think real hard on the scenario if you do not take him and the dinner winds up being more than what you had planned - there is a difference between reality and fantasy and it might do you good to face up and cope - that would be closure.

What you do is your decision, so you should be sure of what you really can handle at this point.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
    For every action, there is a reaction - be sure you're ready.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 08:19 PM
    I would invite your current boyfriend to attend the function with you. If your boyfriend is unavailable, I would strongly recommend you skip the event.

Oh, or break up with your current guy officially before going to the event and hanging with your ex... since you're tempting fate here (you KNOW I'm right), at least you won't be cheating when you open that door.
    len21 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Your right I should ask the guy I am seeing to come along, I just feel bad for my ex cause I know it will really hurt him. Not that he deserves my pity but I can't help but think how I would feel if it was me in his situation!

I have to go either way because it is for my best friends leaving dinner, even if I did go alone I truly don't think anything would happen. I just want to make sure I look extra happy and gorgeous! I know probably a bad way to think about it...
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 9, 2008, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by len21
    i just feel bad for my ex cause i know it will really hurt him

I just want to make sure i look extra happy and gorgeous!! i know probably a bad way to think about it...
    How do you know that it will really hurt your ex-boyfriend? Did you leave something out here? It seems that you are looking for a re-connect.

You need to talk to your current boyfriend, be fair to him because the way you sound, he's just a rebound substitute to you.

JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 10:57 PM
    If you HAVE to go to this function and your ex will definitely be there, your current guy HAS TO GO, too. No choice. Be totally honest about it, too, if you have to. Your guy may be a little hurt by the "I need you there since my ex will be there", but make sure he understands you want him there to keep things civil, not to to keep you from cheating.

The entire evening is about your friend. If your ex does/says ANYTHING that crosses the line, tell him once "Cut it out or I'll have Sandy ask you to leave."
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 9, 2008, 11:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    If you HAVE to go to this function and your ex will definitely be there, your current guy HAS TO GO, too. No choice. Be totally honest about it, too, if you have to. Your guy may be a little hurt by the "I need you there since my ex will be there", but make sure he understands you want him there to keep things civil, not to to keep you from cheating.

The entire evening is about your friend. If your ex does/says ANYTHING that crosses the line, tell him once "Cut it out or I'll have Sandy ask you to leave."
    It's absolutely as simple as that! You are in control here, so no excuses or second-guessing.

Momma to three Posts: 53, Reputation: 14

Jun 10, 2008, 03:28 AM
    I would invite your current boyfriend to go with you. Be polite and civil to your ex, but that's it. Don't encourage him to believe that there could be a future between you. You have moved on, and he should realize it's time for him to do the same.
    damaged Posts: 186, Reputation: 11

Jun 10, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Why did you guys break up in the first place?.
    How long ago was it?
    N.e ways I would take the new guy to the dinner... That way your ex is not tempted to do something or make a move on you.. If he sees you with the new guy he'll understand you are moving on or have moved on & its time for him to do the same.. But if you looking to re-conect, then break up with your current BF & see what happens at dinner...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dinner interview [ 5 Answers ]

I had my first interview at on accounting firm the other day. They called me about two days later and told me that next weekend they want to take me out to dinner with one of the partners and then spend the next day touring the company and interviewing with various people. This is my first real...

Dinner Etiquette [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, My son whom is 16 is dating a very nice young lady, her parents have invited us to dinner This evening. My question is , should I take something to go along w the dinner ? Thanks Slew

Floresent dinner [ 2 Answers ]

I have three futures in my kitchen . They have 2, 30 watt bulbs in them my wife says They are to bright, and wants a dimmer on them . Question. Can I but a dimmer switch on them ,and where can I get one? They are fluorescent bulbs

Dinner invitation? [ 2 Answers ]

I received a dinner invitation on my answering machine from a friend I generally see every few months. It was to be at her home in 21/2 weeks. As I was away when the message was left, I returned her call about 4 days later once I was home. I reached her answering machine, expressed my apologies...

Sunday dinner [ 20 Answers ]

I'm just prerping our Sunday lunch and I started to wonder what everyone else does. Who in your household is in charge of the main Sunday meal and what do you have ? In my house I tend to be in charge of the whole shooting match. Sundays for us normally means some sort of roast, today its...

View more questions Search