Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Vasectomy failure?
    Is this common? My husband had one in Nov. and had 2 clear samples, but here I am with no visit from Aunt Flo yet this month and the usual tired hungry symptoms I get with pregnancy. Im only a week late, so its still up in the air, but This is definitely unplanned and I have a nearly 6 month old at home. Im well educated in the risks associated with pregnancy this soon, so Im concerened and a little upset that this procedure may have failed, after we have been so careful... anyone?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 9, 2008, 05:58 PM
    When I had my vasectomy 30 odd years ago I was warned that I would still be capable to "father" for months ahead. At least they did not want to guarantee anything during the next 6 months.

---

My "faith" in the American electoral system has recently jumped sky high ... Voters do have a say .... :)
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 07:43 PM
    It is very possible that it has failed. Short of having a complete hysterectomy, there really is no 100% way of preventing pregnancy. Sometimes the vas. Tubes can fuse back together, allowing for a clear path to continue to allow sperm through. (I have heard stories of women getting pregnant,years after their husbands had this procedure done for this very reason.)something you might want to discuss with your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vasectomy- Questions [ 10 Answers ]

I have a few questions with regards to having a vasectomy: 1. How much pain is involve in that operation? 2. After the surgery, what is the recovery time? 3. Is there scars involve? 4. When your having sex, what happens to your sperm? And what does it feel like when you climax?

Pregnancy after Vasectomy [ 1 Answers ]

My husband had a vasectomy in 2003. Are there ways to get pregnant (with my husband's sperm) after a vasectomy WITHOUT going through the reversal process? What I mean is is there a way to extract sperm, albeit weak, from a man to be implanted into a woman? Or, is the vasectomy reversal required?

Vasectomy reversal [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what chances there is of getting pregnant when a vasectomy was done like 8 years ago and if there was a reversal now? Im not sure if there is a time when it is no longer possible for a reversal to work.

Should I Get A Vasectomy? [ 10 Answers ]

I have been divorced for a year and am in my late 50s. After about 6 months of separation I began seeing a woman I worked with for several years. She was over 20 years younger than me. It was very exciting for both of us. Very passionate. We were careful to take precautions so she wouldn't get...

Vasectomy,. should I wait? [ 3 Answers ]

My wife is 5 months along with our 3rd baby and considering having me get a vasectomy. Is there any reason to wait until afer the baby is born?

View more questions Search