Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmitchell0001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 02:19 PM
    How do I calculate the area of a hexagon & pentagon ?
    How do I calculate/determine the area of a hexagon and pentagon ?

I know that I would measure each object's side, and then tally the Perimeter via adding each side's measurements - But how do I calculate the Area (for example, a square is easy to calculate, because you simply multiply the measurement of two of its sides in order to determine the area of the square) ?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 10, 2008, 12:20 PM
    One way to do this is to divide the hexagon or pentagon into triangles, find the area of each triangle (1/2 base times height) and add them up. One problem: finding the lengths of the base and height of each triangle may be problematic for someone in elementary school - assuming the person has no trig skills. If you are given any additional information besides just the length of each side, such as the overall diameter of the hexagon, you could figure out the areas of these triangles without using trigonometry.
    aavery2009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 11:26 AM
    Have that one side length is 4 and one side length is 2.2 that is all that they have given me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate area from perimeter [ 4 Answers ]

Suppose I have a blueprint of a house that has many walls (some straight, some indented, etc.). I have the measurements of the lengths of all walls, all around the house. I assume that if I add all the measurements together, I get the perimeter, right? How do I figure out the square footage of...

Pentagon Charges Six in Sept. 11 Attacks [ 58 Answers ]

The six men will be tried jointly at the U.S. Naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, but Pentagon officials said that it will not begin for at least another five months. Even so, the process, including appeals, could last for years. So this is the injustice some on the Left is whining about?...

How To Calculate Area Of Hexagonal [ 7 Answers ]

How To Calculate Area Of Hexagonal Pl Define In Detail

Volume of hexagon [ 2 Answers ]

How to compute the volume of a hexagon?

Volume of a hexagon [ 3 Answers ]

I want to build a HEXAGON cement pad, 4 inches thick. All six sides of the hexagon are 5.5 feet long. I asked two different concert companies for a volume of cement to fill the hexagon, I got two very different answers. Now ,I must figure it out... help from the good guys. You people! ...

View more questions Search