Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bccunn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2004, 10:45 PM
    Word Problem
    You are going on a vacation and you decide to rent a car rather than using your own. You want to rent the car for 3 days and after surfing the internet for specials, found the following which includes tax:

Big Money Car Rental: $30 per day, unlimited mileage.

Dippity Do Car Rental: $25 per day, $0.10 extra per mile after 200 miles per day.

Set up the systems to describe these two situations.

Let x = total miles in 3 days
    y = total rental car fee you pay for 3 days

Hint: when x < 600, y = …
    when x > 600, y = …

How should you make your decision to pick the rental company if you simply based on the price? :o
    DeathBlade Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2004, 05:24 PM
    Word Problem
    Big money =30
    Dippity Do=25+.1(x-600)

It depends on how many miles you would drive per day, without that information, there is nothing to test the two companies on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Word Problem [ 2 Answers ]

One printing shop charges $5 plus $.02 perpage and a second shop charges $7 plus $.015 per page. If ___ pages are printed, the total cost is less for the first printing shop. a. less than 1500 b. less than 2100 c. less than 400 d. less than 900 I got c for my answer. Just checking to see...

Math word problem [ 7 Answers ]

Each year a computer part is worth about 3/4 of its value the previous year. Now a certain part is worth $90. What was its value two years ago? :-/ Would this be 135 dollars?

Percentages Word Problem [ 1 Answers ]

You want to paint a room in your house. A technician of Home Depot uses the computer to analyze your current paint and tells you that it is a 22% blue paint. However, Home Depot only sells 20% blue and 30% blue paints. How many gallons of 20% and 30% paints you need to mix to make 10 gallons of 22%...

Word 2000 Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I put files onto a disc from my school and then loaded a Microsoft file, Microsoft word loads but only squares appear in the document. Anyone help, is it something to do with having a different os from the school, I have xp home and I think they have nt? Please could someone help me?

View more questions Search