Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    subhan7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Water evaporation control in dams
    I have developed a product and process for control of water evaporation from dams. The quality of water also does not change and remains fit for human intake, agricultural use.
    This is new invention of its kind around the globe!
    I have to develop the prototype of the invention and produce material at pilot plant level.
    The invention also needs an international patent. For these I need financial assistance in the form of a fund. Then make it open to public.
    How is it possible to achieve the target and benefit the whole world?
    Thanks,
    Yours truly,
    Dr. Abdul Adil
    Apt # 204;
    40-42 Isabella St. Toronto, On. M4Y 1N1
    Canada.
    Bot3swana5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 06:15 AM
    I can advise you that following research in USA and a practical trial in Australia (by others), I went to Australia and purchased a small device costing $Aus 400 (in 1972 values) for use in Botswana. The consumable was a mixture of two very cheap and easily obtainable semi-domestic products which were bought from a chemical company in UK.. The result was a monomolecular film sprayed on the surface of the reservoir every two weeks, or thereabouts. And a reduction in evaporation losses of (if my memory serves me right) better than 75%. Of course, the climate in Botswana was suitable, i.e. virtually no wind and very hot in the daytime.

The idea was used in Botswana for some time (I left there after a couple of years so I am uncertain for how long they used the system) but it saved an expenditure of more than a US$million in building a higher dam. Like your idea, the chemicals were completely harmless to humans and animals (particularly cattle who drank from the margins of the reservoir). The idea was not patented, so far as I know, because it was thought better to leave it open for free use anywhere in the world.

Best wishes,
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Jan 27, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bot3swana5
    The idea was not patented, so far as I know, because it was thought better to leave it open for free use anywhere in the world.
    Good intention, wrong approach !
    This leaves open the way for anyone else to patent the product or application.
    It would be better to patent it, but not charge anything for it.
    noranth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2010, 03:44 AM

Chemical monolayers for evaporation protection using fatty alcohols have been pantented in various forms over the past 20 years. Do your research to make sure you are not infringing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Removing contaminants through heated evaporation? [ 2 Answers ]

To be more specific, are contaminants removed through the steaming process of a coffee maker? To be more specific, will it remove fluoride?

Dams and resovoir and its uses [ 1 Answers ]

What is resovoir and uses of the reservoir

Evaporation Line? [ 6 Answers ]

All right. I need advice. I am now 6 days late. I took a FRE pregnancy test last Sunday, it was (-). I took another one 2 days ago, a faint line showed up after 20 minutes. I heard if you took the test apart, an evaporation line WOULD NOT be on the backside of the test strip. Is this true? I...

Evaporation of water [ 3 Answers ]

How the water present in ponds got emptied in summer, without getting the temp of 100 degre centigrade. Plaese explain the phenomenon.

Ice Dams [ 1 Answers ]

What causes Ice Dams on the front of my house? I've used a snow snow rake to clear snow back 10 feet. House is a cape with a fairly steep roof. :(

View more questions Search