Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Low Filter Pressure
    I have a Problem with my Pool Pump. Since we opened the pool this year my Pump is running extremley hot. This is only a two year old pump. The filter is running only between 8 -10 instead of 15. I was told to do a 10 minute backwash but that didn'd seem to help. After taking the pump apart and cleaning it, I don't know what else to do. The filter is brandnew and we just replaced the plumming 2 years agao.
    Anybody have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Claudia
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 9, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Either there is an electric fault (capacitor?) or there is a blockage.
    Does the pump functions properly and enough powerful when running? If so, there is no blockage, and you have an electrical problem. Check that capacitor, or - if you can't - replace it completely!

;)
    cmum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Hi

Thanks for your respond. The pump seems to be working properly and I get good water pressure in the pool. I just don't like that my pump is running so hot and the filter is running only at about 8. Normally it runs at about 15.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pump won't lite after cleaning filter and inner filter [ 1 Answers ]

Filter was complet mush and guk, also in the pump I took out and cleaned the screen , all good now, I primed filter and pump but still would not ignite. Blnk blk blk, after 3 second hold button furnace attempts then must hold for 30 secs to reset from lockout. SO after many attemps, "does it every...

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

Do you add 30 410a freon pressure like you do r22 and r12 for high side pressure in c [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to add 30 to the ambeint air temp. like you do for r22 and r12 to R410a freon to get the proper high side pressure reading

Whole-house water filter; Pressure question [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, In my house, we have an AquaPure water filter on the main water line (right after the meter). It works pretty well; the problem is, once the new filter cartridge has been in for a couple of weeks (but not long enough to need a cartridge change), the water pressure begins to drop...

View more questions Search