Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Jun 9, 2008, 08:21 AM
    95 Cavalier allignment issues
    We have a 95 Cavalier 2 dr. The car was in a little fender bender, actually, it hit a curb with the right front. We changed the bent tie rod, and the lower contrl arm. Those looked like the only two parts that were damaged. When all was replaced, we put the tire back on and dropped it to the ground. Now, the top of the right front is leaning was out as well as being toed out. I know on a older GM car, you can move the upper A-Arm around to get camber-caster. When I look at this car, all I see is a tie rod adjustment for toe. I don't see nothing on the strut, or the top of the strut tower. Any ideas on how to fix the camber?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 11:52 AM
    You definitely need an alignment if you hit hard enough to bend the tie rod and control arm. Did you have a mechanic check the vehicle over or was it a self-diagnosis? It's very possible that you bent the strut, as well as the other components. You may also have tweaked the frame a bit.

I would take it to a garage, explain what happened and have them check for any other damage. If there is none, then have them perform a front end alignment on it.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 10, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Very likely a bent sub-frame. This might be able to be repaired but depending upon the cost, you may want to contact your insurance agent, if you haven't already.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

97 cavalier [ 1 Answers ]

I have an engine light on but not sure what it is. Its not the oil water or wiper fluid, does anyone no what light this could be?

97 cavalier? [ 2 Answers ]

I am in need of someone telling me where a fuel filter is located on a 97 chevy cavalier?:) :) :)

New Lexmark 2480 printer - test page allignment [ 0 Answers ]

When I try to print it tells me to print a test page to check the alignment. The printer prints the test page and it seems to be correct. It then says to scan the text page, which seems to work fine. However, a message comes up saying that there is a problem with the test page allignment. ...

View more questions Search