Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Here's my magical yesterday
    Sunday, 8 June 08:

My son woke and wanted to go to breakfast since we were both up and the ladies were still sleeping. I told him that I was trying to get some of the laundry done, folded and almost put away (I'm a guy and by my genetics I am limited to not completing some tasks. I can't or won't control completion of projects)

Anyway, I told him to wait until both ladies (wife and granddaughter) join the living.

So sometime around 11:30AM, all parties are present and we head out the door (laundry is still not finished). We go to a place called the Rockfish Restaurant along the Virginia Beach oceanfront and sit outside.

Jim, paid for breakfast (heart attack!) Then he decides that he and Paige are going for a walk along the boardwalk and beach. Bon and I decide to walk on the boardwalk also, but not with the kiddies. (laundry still not finished)

After about a block, my lady decides to sit on a bench and sun herself. So I being the kind and considerate person I am plunk myself down and gaze at the ocean. Directly in front of me were four separate ladies sand soccer games going on. Off to my right was a co-ed flag football game going on. Heaven on earth was right in front of my eyes. About 90 minutes later, with finger nails almost ripped out of my fingers from trying not to leave my viewing area, my lady and I walked back to the restaurant, once my tantrum was over. (laundry still not finished)

When Jim and Paige show up, he decides it's a nice day for the movies (it's about 102 degrees) so we head off to the Mall. He buys tickets for Indianda Jones, then takes everyone over to Applebees for a snack while we wait for the movie. (laundry still not finished)

After the movie, we head home and Jim, Mom and Paige sit down to watch some weird movie about some guy name SweenyTodd (just informed) and I played with the laptop and did some Algebra quizzes. (laundry not finished.)

It's now 11 AM on Monday, I've got my coffee in hand. Jim and Mom are off to work. Paige is watching TV and I'm doing petty little clean-up stuff.

I have to take Paige to the Mall later to get somebodies birthday present and then pick up the my niece's two toy people at school later today, the laundry is still not finished, but I did re-start it.

How much greater could a Sunday be? What a great family day!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 08:24 AM
    Add the wife finished the laundry and it would be heaven
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Fr. Not fair... she let him enjoy the eye candy at the beach.

Jun 9, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Actually, it is my intent to finish the laundry without urging from the lady. But I got to tell you, so far we are up to four loads of clothes (three have been folded and put away) one load in the dryer. One load of towels and one more towel load to go.

As to the eye candy, I never noticed that they were female (lie) I was surprised at the competitive nature of the games. For fun games they sure were battling for all they were worthy. But that's the referee in me talking!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Laundry is a 3 day event for me from dirty to hanging back in the closet

Jun 9, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Amen!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 09:58 AM
    The Rockfish is da bomb and you were probably watching one of my co-workers play sand soccer! Small World!

We headed up to the mountains to excape the heat. The heat followed us! 101 on Saturday. The Natural Bridge Caverns are a great place to chill out at a lovely 54 degrees.

Your weekend sounded great, donf. Laundry can always wait - perfect weekends can't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Magical troll cartoon movie?can't think of the name [ 3 Answers ]

I watched this cartoon movie at least 10 to 15 years ago and there are kids in my life now that I would like to show that movie. Anyway it was about good trolls there was this princess troll that was in a castle and she was rescued by a warrior troll or something like that and the troll eggs had to...

80's movie about magical paintbrush? [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find a movie I used to watch as a kid. The only thing I remember is the bad guy has a magical paintbrush made from human hair. The paintbrush does something to the paintings he/she draws. I think there are kids trapped in the paintings, but I'm not sure.

Magical Lobster [ 2 Answers ]

There was a young woman who was a chef and she wasn't the greatest. Then she meet someone and she wanted to be better at chef and then there was a lobster that was magical and helped her be the best chef in town and get her guy! What is the name of this movie?

I have a magical dancing duck [ 3 Answers ]

A circus owner walked into a bar to see everyone crowded about a table watching a little show. On the table was an upside down pot and a duck tap dancing on it. The circus owner was so impressed that he offered to buy the duck from its owner. After some wheeling and dealing, they settled for...

The Magical Reappearing Process [ 7 Answers ]

That's right i'm back with another fun filled adventure of "annoying computer problems" So lately i've been noticing that my internet explorer is closing out for no reason what-so-ever...and occasionally i'll get an error message something about the memory usage..so i press ctrl, alt, del..and...

View more questions Search