Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AliyaCine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Adoption Sites
    What are some good sites that let you see the children, and why are adoption prices so high, yet they are trying to give the children good homes, which makes it hard for people to adopt
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 07:28 AM
    What kind of adoption are you looking at? Most of the time, there is no reason for you to see the children until you are at the point of actually adopting/fostering.

The cost of adoption is high because adoption is a LEGAL process. You must go through the courts. You must have an attorney, the child must have and attorney ad litem, the birthparents (if they are involved) must have an attorney representing their interests as well. There are court fees, too. If you go through an agency, they have their fees as well.

If you are looking to adopt an infant, you usually have to pay the health costs associated with childbirth--prenatal screenings and checkups, delivery room fees, etc for both the mother and the child, and much of the time, your insurance will not cover this.

Adoption is expensive because giving birth is expensive.

I know of no sites that would show pictures of the children in advance--to me that would be scary, actually. There are a lot of scary people out there that hurt children--let's not give them any more information about the child than we have to. If you're serious about adopting, you can wait until you have gone through all the screening necessary to protect the children BEFORE you see them. Out of curiosity, though--why is that important to you?

You might start with sites like adoption.com and adoption.org to get a good overview on adoption. I also recommend checking with your local Lutheran Social Services, Catholic Social Services, and foster care agencies.

And really--they ARE trying to make sure the homes adopted children go to are good--that's why it's expensive. Background checks, home visits, profiling, counseling, legal fees, etc etc etc--If adoption is expensive, it's at least a little bit of a deterrant for those who are NOT looking for a child to love as their own, but would rather either have a cheap form of abuse or a slave for around the house--if not worse.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Adopting a child is not like picking a dog from the pound, normally they are going to do all of your background and research before you even start looking or talking about the children.
    sweet jane Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jul 20, 2008, 09:53 PM
    You can see SOME children through Adoptuskids.org. Only in difficult to place situations will they release photos of children. This is to protect their privacy. Adoption is costly if you go through costly agencies. Through DSS/CPS it is generally free... i.e. paid for by the state. Children on the website above are CPS children currently in foster care in most cases. Those are NOT all of the children in foster care, only the difficult to place ones. It is unlikely that you will meet the requirements to foster/adopt many of the children pictured online. Not because you are not a good parent, but because many of them have special needs or difficult pasts, though that is not the case for them all.
    Regardless, you can get started by contacting DSS and requesting an adoption package.
    <<adoptive mommy through foster care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

IE will only go some sites,not all. How do I access all sites? [ 4 Answers ]

I had to remove malware from my PC and when it restarted, it will not recognize certain websites. How can I fix this? Thanks, Dave I used Spyware doctor from PC tools. I loaded Firefox and the same thing is occurring. It won't load webpages from Yahoo or wamu and a few other sites. I can go...

Problem Removing Sites From IE6 Restricted Sites Zone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently removed all of the entries that SpywareBlaster v3.5.1 had automatically loaded into my restricted sites zone on IE6 browser and I noticed that there were still two sites that weren't deleted in the process. I then remembered that I had manually added them to the restricted...

How can I get around my school blocked sites? They even got proxy sites blocked. [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get around my school blocked sites. They even got our proxy sites blocked> is their any other way?

View more questions Search