Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Einkerem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 03:51 AM
    Add spouse to house title
    Hello, I like to add my spouse on the tittle of my house, and with survivor ship. How do we do that legally correct? Can this be done without a lawyer and still being legally fully accepted? Einkerem
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 9, 2008, 04:56 AM
    Depends on where you live. All countries have different rules on that. As usual "yankees" seem to think that everything is about the USA, but forget that even in the US there may be different rules from State to State.

It may be possible to skip a lawyer and save yourself some bucks, but the subject seems to me too important to do that. Just make sure you get a proper and legal transfer. Go and see a lawyer !

Success.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Go to the Real Estate Law forum. At the top is a sticky post that explains how to add someone to a deed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to add spouse on house title [ 4 Answers ]

How do I add my spouse on my house title?

Estate implications of house in one spouse name only. [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased my home 10 years ago with my x-husband. He quitclaim the deed to me in the divorce. I have a mortgage in my name only. I am remarried now and want to know if I died what would happen to the house sense we did not buy it together and he is not on the deed or mortgage.

Add spouse to title [ 1 Answers ]

What form is used to add spouse to title of property

Spouse is trying to keep marital house. [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been getting a divorce for 3 and a half yrs now. One of the reasons this hasn't been finalized is because his wife wants to keep the townhouse. The townhouse is in my boyfriends name. She has been living in it for four years since they separated. Oue laywer says that when we go...

Add Spouse Name to Deed and Title [ 2 Answers ]

I live in NYC and want to add my name to deed and title. Only my husband's name is on mortgage note. What is the best way to do this in NY? Do you suggest I get a real estate attorney. I want to make sure I am protected regardless of the equity distribution laws. Can I add my name to mortgage...

View more questions Search