Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boswee Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2006, 10:52 AM
    When is the right time?
    Okay I need some help with something. Okay so girls how long should we be together with someone until it's a good time for a guy to give you a promise ring(promise ring is for I promise to be with her and be there for her forever). What would some of the signs be if she really into me, acually that's kind of a dumb question. I mean if she a virgin and she lets me go down south she has to like me right (she's still a virgin). Do promise rings freak girls out? And when would a good time be to say I love you. Does saying I love you Freak girls out.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2006, 10:54 AM
    "Promise Ring" means different things. The one I am aware of is one a girl would wear to designate that she has promised virginity until married.

Are you meaning this type? If not, what is the "promise" that would be meant by it?
    confuzed Posts: 34, Reputation: 6

Mar 8, 2006, 01:51 PM
    How long have you two been seeing each other, and about how old are you? I think a promise ring is really nice to get. I would suggest going with the I love you first and maybe talking with her about how serious she is about the relationship. It sounds as if she likes you well enough by the tone of your post. Then, after the I love you is out, go with the promise ring.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 02:48 PM
    To me, that's a little creepy. I'd forget the rings.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2006, 06:28 AM
    HI,
    A "promise ring" depends on the area in which you live. If it's something accepted by all of those you know, then you should give her one, saying you are "going steady". Those last words may not even be used in some areas.
    Also, if she says "I love you", it depends on your ages. Teens say this, but really don't know the meaning of love until they are older!
    I would wait for a couple of months, then talk with her about the ring. It means nothing except you both will not date others. You are not promising to be with her for the rest of your life or forever. If that's the case, then you need to buy her an engagement ring!
    I do wish you the very best of luck.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2006, 08:22 AM
    If you're going to buy jewelry - a ring is a little much until you get engaged. Buy a reall nice bracelet or eariings or a clasyy neckless.

BUT, I wouldn't buy any of this stuff unless you've been seeing her at least 3 or 4 months and more like over 6.

I don't think people to day buy friendship rings. It's very old school - she would REALLY need to be old school.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2006, 08:23 AM
    Oh yeah, and if you're worried she will date others... you then have to talk with her and decide if you can handle that.
    iamarcin Posts: 72, Reputation: 4

Mar 9, 2006, 09:06 AM
    Depends on how much you spend
    What you say
    Occasion

Leting you go down south is not a sighn of love
    Going down south on you might be but not the other way around
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Don't give a promise ring if you are uncertain how much she likes you.

It's a gesture that would maybe freak her out and you have no business giving at this point. You obviously like her. You don't need to use a promise ring to substitute for what is more meaningful... the actual supporting her and being there. Just do it, and forget the ring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Run time [ 1 Answers ]

I keep getting this "a run time error has occured, do you want to debug?" If I click no, nothing is resolved. If I click yes, I get a blank windo that says "ready" but nothing happens. How did I get this and what do I do about it? Thanks. H*

First time [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 16 and now looking to have sex for the first time.I am very nervous though, I worry about lots of things. Things mainly like will it be awkward and is everything fine 'down there' to the girls satisfaction,am I sad for still be a virgin and will she notice that I'm not 'experienced'. I know I...

Computer won't start up first time, but will second time [ 8 Answers ]

So this is a completely different computer first off. When I press the power button, everything powers up, but the computer does not post, or beep. If you leave the computer on for like 10 seconds, turn it off, and then turn it immediately back on, it turns on, posts, beeps, boots into Windows...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

First time doing tax! Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first time do the tax, so I have some questions needed to be answered. Below is my scenario: I am from Taiwan, and I am under F-1 (OPT) from July 05 until now. My income last year is $13000.00, and I think I am exempt from Social security and Medicare tax. I moved from...

View more questions Search