Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bolee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 09:26 PM
    My local bank made a mistake on my printed checks.
    Additionally, the bank charged me for checks, even though the order was supposed to be complimentary for customers opening a new checking account. How would I draft a letter that allows me irritation to work for, rather than against, me?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 02:48 AM
    Before going all formal with a letter, why not just call up the rep that opened the account for you and ask all friendly what's up with the misprint and fee?

And, you did read all the fine print right?
    MEDIstaff4u Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 04:02 AM
    I agree, a phone call would be a lot more productive in this situation. If you write a letter, it make or may not get read/thrown in the trash.

If it is in fact a mistake, I'm sure they would replace the checks and give you a refund. It really doesn't seem like a major issue that they would avoid.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Personally I would hope you use a local home town back, you go back in and show the mistake to the clerk and they will correct it.

All the getting angry and letters don't need to be done.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Jun 9, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Don't be irritated yet, yes they screwed up but give them a chance to make good on it. If they tell you you have to pay for the screw up and new checks, close the account and find a new bank.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 02:29 PM
    I always go to a bank in person with a problem like this as they can immediately see the mistake and order the proper checks for you and do whatever paperwork to rectify the mistake right then and there. Don't be upset, remember people entered your order and people tend to make mistakes every day. You should have a new check order sent to you promptly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I made a mistake, he's not willing to forgive me. [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had been breaking up and getting back together quite a bit. Just recently, I broke up with him and we decided it was really over. I ended up going out to the bar and went home with one of his friends. His friend had told me that my boyfriend said that he is glad I ended it and...

Has she made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

My girl friend of 4 years left me 3 months ago when wee were 2 getha none of us had much friends now her best friend is back on the scene and that's when she dumped me now my ex has a new boy friend and she has her own house so I think there going to move well I know it 2 make matters worse wee...

I think I made a mistake [ 4 Answers ]

Been dating this girl recently who I was really into, but due to circumstances at the time which I won't go into the situation couldn't work so I called it a day, she wasn't too happy. Things have changed and I really would like to see this girl again I just don't know how to approach her, i.e. I...

Made a big mistake [ 11 Answers ]

HI, I have a question I need to ask, well here it is. MY husband and I separated on June 30th of this year he said he need time to hisself to get his self together, when he was here he would leave everyday to play basketball he says and one morning he got up took a bath and said he was going to...

I made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

Hi lets just say I went with the wrong person as we say we all make mistakes and now I worry about my health anybody out there can tell if I'm healthy or not please? Ty

View more questions Search