Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravensrockdc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2006, 09:04 AM
    AOL 9.0 SE Removes programs
    AOL 9.0 is removing gotomypc from machines with both installed. I can't find where in AOL to configure it to allow gotomypc. Any ideas? AOL chat is useless, and I don't want to jump through hoops calling AOL. It's easier to remove AOL and have the users check their mail through aol.com.

Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Removing? Is it removing the whole client or just blocking or what? I do know that logmein (which is similar to gotomypc) comes up when I do an anti-spyware scan. Since both programs allow remote control of your PC that is not surprising. So if AOL IS removing the client, its got to be in the anti-spyware protection.

I would go to keyword AOL SECURITY for instructions on setting the anti-spyware utility to allow GotoMyPC.
    ravensrockdc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2006, 09:21 AM
    Gotomypc is still technically installed, the problem is it's being removed from some registry keys, and is unusable. I have to re-install gotomypc to get it to work after AOL gets its' hands on it. Sorry for the confusion. It's not being blocked, I do have to re-install.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2006, 09:23 AM
    If it is AOL doing it, the only thing I can think of is the anti-spyware. So check that out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Must Have/Useful Programs [ 66 Answers ]

I thought it would be a good idea to get a list of useful programs that we could keep here. If a mod comes across this - could you sticky it please. It would be quite helpful. I'm bound to have missed some programs, so if there is some that you think should be on this list - post here or PM me...

Unknown Programs [ 6 Answers ]

I have a program on my computer called ScheduledAgent and I am not sure what it is. I have looked on the internet via Google and there is mixed results. I am slightly concerned as several results suggest it must be removed immediately. Am I right to be concerned? Also is there any other way of...

Hiding programs [ 8 Answers ]

How do I hide a program from the Add/Remove List in XP? Not sure which yet I want to hide, but like say MSN or IE or something similar. How would I reenable them to the list if it is even possible to remove them to start with? Thanks.

Hidden programs in xp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals Can any one tell me all the hidden programs in xp and how ro use these programs plzzzzz

+/- from all programs menu [ 2 Answers ]

How can I add new items to the "all programs" list in XP?:o I'd like to create a entry or two there and move some of the existing items into that folder. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for the help... and oh yeah, Merry Christmas!:D

View more questions Search