Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeafra10 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Night Sweats/Fever What is it?
    My Mother is going to be 87 and I am sure she is dying BUT, I guess we want to know what is wrong with her. The doctor for the past month doesn't know. I give up. These are her symptoms. She has nights sweats each and every night for the past month. They are so bad that she has to change about 3 times a night. She gets a fever every night for the past month. Always at night. About 100.4 or 101.4. Headache starts about 5:00 in the morning and continues on for about 1/2 of the day. She is healthly, has never complained in her life. She a stroke last year but came out of it perfect. She takes a antidepressant, heart pill, high blood pressure and that is about it. The doctor took her blood twice for about 25 things and said she was low in sodium, that was it. Her lungs are clear, my neighbor swears she has TB, but the lung ex-ray proved that wrong. She is scheduled for a CAT Scan of her head soon, but we are sure worried. My sister is going to see her tomorrow, she lives with my cousin and she doesn't know what to do with her, my Mom just doesn't want to go the hospital, she says what can they do. She weights 85 pounds and is losing as I type. She is not hungry at all, nothing sounds good and she feels most of the time sick to her stomach.
    xoxolele Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Jun 8, 2008, 05:02 PM
    I'm not a professional, but my great grandma had recently suffered from something similar. She wasn't eating either and was sick to her stomach and she looked in really bad shape. Doctors couldn't find out either, but have you gotten a second opinion? Sometimes that's the answer. Also with my grandma she was like this for about 2 weeks, and what the doctors did was take her off some of the meds she was already on, her being that age talking certain meds will result in this. It could one of the meds that she is taking. Once they took my grandma off one of the meds she was taking she felt great and started finally eating, also her not eating is making everything worse, but I understand if she is set in her ways. Like is I said try getting a second opinion or consider to the doctor to take her off one of the meds and see what results you get, nothing could hurt at this point. Hope this helps and ill pray for you love le la

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night Sweats/Fever 87 years old What is it? [ 9 Answers ]

My Mother is going to be 87 and I am sure she is dying BUT, I guess we want to know what is wrong with her. The doctor for the past month doesn't know. I give up. These are her symptoms. She has nights sweats each and every night for the past month. They are so bad that she has to change about 3...

Night sweats [ 4 Answers ]

I have been suffering from night sweats for a long time now. I have tried lighter bedding, no heat on at night etc etc. I wake up drenched. I am 46.

Why my night sweats? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been waking up drenched, I am 31, I was recently addictedto marajuana, I had them whileon it and I have quit for a week and they have returned, I have no idea why I wakeup soaked and some of thesemedical sites have scred me?

Night sweats [ 1 Answers ]

For the past 8yrs I've suffered from sweating in the night, this isn't a little sweating, you'd have thought that id wet the bed, then I wake up very cold, I've tried having less bedding, but this doesn't seem to work. It doesn't happen every night, it seems to do it for a week or so then stops...

View more questions Search