Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Jun 8, 2008, 03:47 PM
    Wiper motor
    Hey guys, I have a quick question. My wipers on a 200 chevy venture stop in the up position. Before I replace the motor some poepl have told some things to check or do first. One was to move the arms so they are down and that should take care of it. Also, I notice you are suppose to "zero" out the motor. Can someone tell me how I should go about doing that. If the other option (moving the arms) is a good idea can they expand on that also? I am just trying to save a few bucks before I replace the motro. Any suggestions would be a help. Thanks.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2008, 04:40 PM
    If out of wack or broke, replace motor, I would remove wipers, operate wipers and turn off, install wipers at the down position. There are splines. They should work from there.

Jun 9, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Thanks. I'll try that
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 10, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jduke44
    Hey guys, I have a quick question. My wipers on a 200 chevy venture stop in the up position. Before I replace the motor some poepl have told some things to check or do first. One was to move the arms so they are down and that should take care of it. Also, I notice you are suppose to "zero" out the motor. Can someone tell me how I should go about doing that. If the other option (moving the arms) is a good idea can they expand on that also? I am just trying to save a few bucks before I replace the motro. Any suggestions would be a help. Thanks.
    Your issue is possibly the multi-function switch on the column but most likely the wiper motor cover/module has an internal failure and needs replaced.
    Recentering the wiper are won't help in this case. If it would, the wipers would be sweeping off the glass.

Jun 28, 2008, 04:04 PM
    I tried the first suggestion and that didn't work. Thanks anyway.

Captain, is the wiper motor cover/module the actual motor or wiper motor control relay? Is there a way to know or is it trial by error?

I had forgotten about the multi switch also.

Thanks
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 02:17 PM
    That module is a part of the wiper motor assembly.
    The relay is by far the least costly part of this equation and it won't hurt at all to replace it. If that should fix the problem, then stop there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace wiper motor [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know where the wiper motor is located on a 2000 ford explorer sport

Windsheild wiper motor [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know how to get to the windshield wiper motor on a '99 Ford F150? I've had one person tell me you get to it from under the dash, and one tell me under the hood. I'm not 100% sure if that's even the problem. We had a recent snow storm, and it was working all night. The next morning I...

View more questions Search