Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    super_888 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2006, 07:15 AM
    Reload ie6
    My I.E 6 was corrucpted. I tried to reload the IE 6. again.I.E browser come up the screen but cannot surf the net. Message My Search- Sorry! We couldn't find the page you requested.
    İMy Search 2002 .
    I got no problem to use Mozilla to surf internet with my PC but I still need the deem I.E to do a lot of other browsing. I know the last resource is to reload windows but it's no the end of the world yet.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 07:58 AM
    Hi, Super,
    My Search is considered by some to be Spyware. Here are the free programs I use, and the steps to use them. It would be worth a try running them, see if they will automatically get rid of this message.
    If you think you already have Spyware/Advertising Ware in your computer, run these as follows:

AdAware at:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    Download: AdAware_SE V 1.06

SpyBot Search & Destroy V 1.4
    http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html
    All of the above programs run better and much faster when run in SafeMode.

To get into SafeMode:
    Re-boot the computer, and immediately after starting up, Press and hold down, F8, at top of keypad.
    When the options show on the screen, use the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard to select
    "Safe Mode".
    Press Enter

It's best to run the AdAware scan first; 3 times; then re-boot.
    Then, run the AdAware scan again 3 times. Then, run SpyBot, and then CWShredder.
    Re- Boot.
    Reason for running so many times:
    Some of these trojans' files can be deleted the first time; leaving some others; but on re-boot, they re-write the files that were deleted.
    Running multiple times deletes most of it the first
    Time.

If you wish to have a great program, after you clean out Spyware/Advertising Ware:
    This program stops this stuff from getting into the computer in the first place, by placing URL's in the browser, stopping them instantly. One of the Very Best free programs anyone can download! Updates of AntiSpyware Definitions are available on almost a weekly basis.

SpyWare Blaster 3.5
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html

Free online scan at:
    http://www.trendmicro.com/spyware-scan/

I do wish you the best of luck. If you have already done the above, or if it doesn't solve the issue, please post back.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 08:39 AM
    And I've just commented on the wrong post... Anyway Fred is right. This isn't an IE problem, you've just got some spyware on your PC.
    super_888 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2006, 06:02 AM
    Hi Fredg:
    Thk for help. It took me several hours to scan my drive and it did work and finally I got my IE back. I disable system restore and deep scan my system with Adware and spyboot under safemode as what you suggested.
    I think Internet Explorer is "NOT VERY GOOD", it got too many loop holes. But most of the web browser were written, base on IE from the past. We got no choice and have to use it sometimes.I have update my window and antivirus software regularly yet I have so much problems with it.
    I only use Firefox and it much safer.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2006, 07:10 AM
    Hi, Super,
    I am so glad you got it back up and running. Congratulations on a job well done!
    Personally, I like IE, rarely gives me any problems. But, I haven't tried any other browsers, so I can't be critical of the others; one way or another.
    I do know that Norton antivirus programs sometimes has problems with IE, but I use AVG; which I found after unstalling Norton, works much better for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reload page in Firefox [ 4 Answers ]

OK, a bit trivial... but I'm curious. I understand that hitting the Reload button compares the page with the server and if the same, shows you the cached version... Sometimes I see my flag not waving. I hit reload and it still doesn't wave... but if I hit Shift>Reload then it reloads and is...

Hard drive software reload [ 15 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what's the best advice for wiping a hard drive and re-loading all software, including Windows XP? :eek: I've been advised through another thread in this forum to do that after all else failed in trying restore PC performance. I've backed up all my personal files to an...

Reload Windows from Internet [ 7 Answers ]

My laptop has a broken cdrom & floppy drive. The hard drive says it has a virus and cannot locate where the message gets generated from. Conclusion: Reload Windows. Who can reload the software for me.

View more questions Search