Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmartSingleMom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 01:01 PM
    HostsXpert.Zip said cannot create host change
    Invisible man and others, Hi!

I did the HostXpert thing to deal with my windows host change prob. - used Restore host to windows - it said it cannot creat that. I want to restore not create - what can I do now?

This is funkytoad's HostsXpert.exe

I'm trying to get rid of C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Thanks!
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Jun 9, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Hi SmartSingleMom

Do you have zonealarm ?

Which antivirus program are you using?

This error usually occurs when the host file is locked down by another programs.

Also under hostsxpert is the host file writeable ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get to host a game? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to host a game online, and I use to be able to but I'm not sure what I did. My fire wall is off, but I do have norton which I don't think should matter?

Can't Host On Warcraft 3 (Again.) [ 3 Answers ]

Ugh. This is a bunch of crap. Okay, so I'm one of those Westell 6100 DSL users that HAD a problem hosting due to port errors. However, I found a way to get into the port and make it so I could host and everything was fine for months up until last night. All of a sudden, no one was able to join...

Network, How do I setup so Client can access host and change files [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I use Sage accountancy software and need a network of two computers that will allow two users to access the same data and make changes. This is what I have done so far. Computer A (Host) is connected directly to the internet. Computer B (Client) is connected to computer A by using a patch...

To host or not to host out of town guests? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it considered rude to suggest family members to stay at a hotel when they come to your state for a visit? My husband and I live near a "tourist-y" city. We both work full time jobs with long hours. His brother mentioned he would like to visit soon when their boys get a bit older. I...

View more questions Search