Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sondoganger Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Unaccredited diploma
    Hi,

I have just earned Bachelor`s Degree Diploma from Madison University in Mississippi by Distance Learning but As I learned it`s unaccredited.So How Can I change my unaccredited diploma into accredited one?OR is it big problem to get unaccredited diploma? Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 11:27 AM
    ? Change ot to an accredited by who?? No, it is not accredited, and may or may not be accepted by employers.

Depends on what you want to do with your degree. And/or how you got it, if you actually studied, took courses, you learned and gained knowledge, if you just bought it, it has little value

Jun 8, 2008, 11:39 AM
    I took courses,learned ,gained knowledge.. but my question is different.For master degree programme all universities require accredited/approval diploma but unfortunately my diploma is an unaccredited.How Can I do?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 8, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Please refer to THIS STICKY
    Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 01:02 PM
    There is nothing you can do, you chose a non accredited school, it is not accepted by any accredited school. So you will have to go back and redo all of the education from an accredited school to move on

Jun 9, 2008, 02:25 AM
    Are you serous? Do you know this exactly or Do you guess? It`s very important for me:(
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 9, 2008, 02:26 AM
    This is FACT.
    You have been ripped off by a Diploma Mill.
    Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 09:24 AM
    I will say this, there is nothing wrong with a unaccredited degree except you can't use it for any purpose that requires a accredited degree.

For example one of the schools I went to was actually accredited when I took classes from them, but have since they lost their accreditation. So although when I worked for the Federal Government it was honored back then, Now it is no longer accepted by them.

So as long as it was not one of those "life experence" degrees or from one of the schools that have actually been declared illegal in some states.
    Your work place may accept it for getting advancements or getting raises.
    But even your work place does not have to honor them

But no, there is no accredited college that will honor the work done by a non accredited school normally.

There are a few exceptions to this in Law Schools, where a state may have a law school that is not bar certified, but the state allows the person to set for their bar exam but these schools are specifly listed by the state

But yep, a accredited school may, but I doubt it, accept a few of your hours of credit but most likely you will have to start all over with an accedited school
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Jul 1, 2008, 03:59 PM
    There are so many "universities" out there that offer degrees online that are not accredited. Everyone seeking this type of education needs to do some homework before going this route. Depending on what degree it is or which company hires you, most will not accept a degree unless it is accredited. And, most colleges will not accept the degree as well if you use it to try and further you education... sorry to say, but it looks like you got ripped off and I'm sorry you put so much work and effort into it, but at least now you're aware of it.
    Expert

Jul 1, 2008, 04:58 PM
    And remember accreditation comes and goes, one of the GA public high schools is about to lose its accreditation this year from what it appears.

There are many good colleges that are not accreditated, for example you can take some courses and even take the California Bar exam to be an attorney though non accredited schools. But you have to know what you plan on doing with the degree. Also even among non accredited schools, the ones that do degrees on "life experience" that don't require any real study, are really worthless. Even not legal in some states.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

St Clements University - another unaccredited university? [ 4 Answers ]

Would anyone tell me about the accreditation of St Clements University,please?

After diploma [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am santosh, I am diploma holder in Information science. I want to complete the BE at part time means evening college is it possible, were is the colleges are their

View more questions Search