Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msladytw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Can you collect unemployment in two different states
    Is it possible to collect unemployment in two different states?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 10:33 AM
    What happens is your unemployment is based off your past quarters of emmployment, if you file in one state but most of your earnings is from another state they will work together in the filing.

You can not get a check from both states.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freelance designer: Can I collect unemployment? [ 1 Answers ]

I have work on site at an ad agency for the past 5 years, off and on, on a freelance basis, they pay me with company checks, I am 1099. They recently have lost a big client and didn't need me, it usually doesn't last very long and then I am asked to come in again, but this time they haven't used me...

Eligibility to collect unemployment [ 3 Answers ]

I have worked at my place of employment for 9 months. I am 9 months pregnant and due within the next two weeks. According to my work's policy, you have to be employed for a year or more to get the 6 weeks paid time off. So I therefore have to take 6 weeks off, but it is all unpaid. I was wondering...

Where do you collect unemployment if you work and live in two different states? [ 1 Answers ]

If am employed in Philadelphia but live in Las Vegas if I lose my job where do I file for unemployment? Thank you.

Spouse full time residents in separate states : states taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I got married in Dec 2006. He was a full time CA resident in 2006 and still lives there and got income only from CA. I was a fulltime Kentucky resident in 2006 and still live here and got my income only from KY. We can file federal taxes jointly. But what do we do for state...

View more questions Search