Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 05:32 AM

Sorry I have been super busy and have not been on that much. I will get you the exact part number you should need. Then just look up at york .com and find the closest york dealer near you they should have it or be able to get it with in a day.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 12:23 PM

OK I finally got some info for you. The original circuit control for that airhandler was called electronic heat control board. Sense you do not have heat in your unit it was replace by what is called a blower delay timer. When you turn you fan to the on position. That elimanates your blower timer. So I would defentally say it is the little circuit board that is causing your problems. The part number for this is S1-02425800700. If you look up york.com or source1.com they can give you the closest york dealer. Also just so you don't get screwed around I would charge $37.56 for this board plus tax. So prices may be a little higher in your area but I would not pay mre the $50 for it. If you have any other questions feel free to ask I should be on later. Or email me direct at [email protected] Have a good day Josh
    bstanley Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    ok i finally got some info for ya. the original circuit control for that airhandler was called electronic heat control board. Sence you do not have heat in your unit it was replace by what is called a blower delay timer. When you turn you fan to the on position. that elimanates your blower timer. so i would defentally say it is the little circuit board that is causing your problems. the part number for this is S1-02425800700. If you look up york.com or source1.com they can give you the closest york dealer. aslo just so you don't get screwed around i would charge $37.56 for this board plus tax. So prices may be a little higher in your area but i would not pay mre the $50 for it. If you have any other questions feel free to ask i should be on later. or email me direct at [email protected] Have a good day Josh
    Josh - You da man! I'll be up in the attic this weekend to get that bad boy out. As soon as the attic heats up, we'll get our answer. I'll keep you posted on my quest for the board. Thanks
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 06:28 PM

Cool, keep me posted. Hope it works for you!!
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 03:03 PM

Any luck retreving that fan timer board?

Apr 20, 2009, 06:23 PM
    I've called 2 HVAC places that were listed in source1parts, but neither have gotten back to me. I left messages with their answering services. I'm not holding my breath that thye'll get back to me. I didn't see where I could order the part on that source1parts.com or york.com. There's a place in Hartford, I forget the name, but I should have luck there. It's like a Gray Bar kind of place. I should have time to stop by tomorrow. As it turns out, the company I work for, Ricoh Americas Corporation has an account with them. Otherwise they wouldn't have sold me a capacitor last summer. I'll give them a try.

Apr 21, 2009, 05:46 PM
    Josh - Using the part number you gave me, I found the relay at Grainger. Or I should say that they are ordering it from York for me. I should have it in a week 1/2. I'll keep you posted after install to see if does the trick.

May 18, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Josh - I put the part in this weekend. It was kind of hot up in the attic, but not hot enough for the official test. The good news is everything came on after installing the part. Now I just have to wait for the attic to heat up to see if the blower is going to come on.

I'll keep you posted
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2009, 04:59 PM

Great, lets keep our fingers crossed

May 22, 2009, 05:45 PM
    Ta da da da ta da!! Josh you are the man. The 2 year odyssey has been solved.

The temperature today was 91, so obviously the attic was steaming. I turned the central air control to cool, and presto magic, outside condenser with air handler on together the way it's suppose to work.

Just a re-cap... if the attic temperature was above 80 or so, the outside condenser would come on but not the air handler. Obviously that defeats the purpose of central air.

Josh figured out from just a few posts that my problem was the fan relay switch (I might have the technical name incorrect) Josh not only identified the problem, but gave me the part number as well.

Thank you Josh! Let me know if you want me to rate your answer or something. I've seen that below certain peoples names.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 06:19 PM

91 that's getting hot, glad it is working. You can rate at the bottom of the post if you like. If you don't mind me asking how much did you end up getting the control for?

May 22, 2009, 06:27 PM
    I'll let you know exactly, but with shipping it was about $47 or so, maybe a little less. I'll get my statement and let you know.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 06:29 PM

That's not bad at all, I think I said like $35 plus shipping

May 22, 2009, 07:31 PM
    Right on. I got it from Grainger. As it turns out the company I work for , Ricoh Americas Corporation has an account with them. Otherwise, I would have been SOL because I'm not a licensed HVAC... etc.
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2009, 04:35 AM

Well sounds like you lucked out then. Now you can injoy some nice cool air this summer. If you ever have any other problems look me up. Have a great weekend!!

May 24, 2009, 04:47 PM

Cased closed!! What a great site. If I didn't stumble upon thi site, I would have paid several more HVAC companies to tell me that my problem doesn't exist.

Thanks to all that participated, with special thanks to Josh.

I actually wish that I wasn't in sales, and was a plumer, electrcian or HAVC person. I like doing that stuff myself and take satisfaction in fixing it myself.

Bill Stanley
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 04:50 PM

Consider yourself one now. Job well done!!
    DelParm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 03:52 PM
    Having the same problem
    FLAGLERWALLS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2012, 04:30 AM
    I have an old York air exchanger located in the attic of our small ranch. I came home to find the exchanger circuit breaker tripped. When I turned it on, I could hear a low humming sound, but when I turned the blower on manually, I did her a "click" but the blower didn't run. The outside condenser will run, but no blower.

I took the side panel off the echanger to see if the fan was frozen. It is not. Otherwise, I could see nothing out of the ordinary, but then, I don't know what I am looking for. Thanks for any help.

Wally

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Air Compressor Wiring [ 4 Answers ]

My Compressor Quit Working A Few Months Back. The A/c/ Repair Guy Stripped The Burnt Wire On The Compressor And Added A New Wire It Worked Ok. I Called Another Company For My Yearly Service He Said The Wire Was Burn . He Pulled All Of The Wires Lose And Left. The Unit Is A Bryant That Says 1982...

Central a/c compressor [ 5 Answers ]

Central air conditioner compressor won't run, but all other components work. Late model Amana outside unit with recently updated furnace. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Central air compressor noise [ 3 Answers ]

When my central air compressor kicks on it makes a loud vibrating noise that can be heard and felt in my second floor bedroom.After it kicks in it works and sounds fine .What could be causeing this loud vibrating sound

Central a/c compressor tries to start [ 1 Answers ]

The central a/c compressor tries to start . It will hum and click off do you think it is the capacitor? Someone said the starter on the side of the compreessor how do you change it?

View more questions Search