Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iloveb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 02:28 AM
    Sore hand veins!
    Last week I played rugby and hurt my left hand, the veins have been popping up and were sore for a few days. Yesterday I played netball and the veins on my right hand have been popping up too and are very sore and feel tight whenever I put my arm down.
    Does anyone know why this is?
    And what I can do?
    And would the cold weather have anything to do with this?

MeMeMoo Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Jun 13, 2008, 04:15 AM
    I play outdoor netball in the cold but that doesn't usually happen to me so I doubt the weather would cause it. If it continues and is sore I suggest you see a doctor and let them know.
    Its better to know... Then to wonder...

Hope I could help, I am only 12 so I'm sorry I couldn't provide you with anymore info.

Good Luck =]
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 03:47 PM
    I would see a Doc as soon as possible, you could have done some damage, and why chance future damage. It may be as simple as a strain.. but I would check it out professionally
    Jesshean58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Hi,

I also have really sore veins on my hands. I played footy yesterday, and they were sore, but today they have popped up and are heaps worse. This morning was really really cold. So I think that might have something to do with it.
    Let me know if you find out any different.
    ich1baN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 09:09 AM

The cold weather definitely has something to do with it. Every time I play soccer here in Florida and it gets in the 30s or 20s the veins in my arms and hands get really soar after the game and when I rest them by my side... I have been seeking an answer for this for quite some time now, and no one really has one yet. It also hurts if I bend my wrist and arms at sharp angles where my veins are...
    carly1995 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 09:26 AM
    I have the same problem. I was snowboardin up north for a couple of days and one of my veins started to become sore on the top of my left hand. I did some research and some people said it might be blood clots from clutching my hand. I'm not sure if it's the real case but it doesn't hurt to ask a doctor.
    askanswerquest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 05:00 AM
    I have searched today to try and shed some light on this hand pain. I played football on Sunday with the temperature at 0 or just above. Obviously my hands got very cold! Once they had warmed up if I held them by my side the veins seemed to swell up and were painfull. Not unbearable but painfull all the same. I only get this pain when my hands are exposed to very cold conditions. No one else I ask has the same problem so I would like to find out why I get this.
    spidimuffin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 03:02 PM
    Was playn a gaelic match yesterday and it was (very) cold, at half time my left hand hurt, I looked down and saw like 3 (air bubbles) running along my vein when I touched them they really hurt so after the game I stuck my hands in warm water which kind of helped but today I only have one on my left hand but it still hurts :( and we lost de game, was a semi-final :( so anyone know wats wrong with me?
    Rozzers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2011, 11:23 AM
    Today when I was at school it was really cold and my left really started to hurt when I looked down one vain in my hand is popping out and I don't what to do cause it so sore does anyone know what this is?
    laurenDunne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 01:54 PM
    I have experienced the same. I was playing gealic football yeasterday (the weather was cold enough) and at the end of the match I noticed the pain in my left hand with bulging veins. It was excruitiating! But when I got home it wasn't as bad... then last night it seemed to have effected my right hand too. It's worse when I put my hands down along my sides but it also comes and goes... I'm starting to worry about it now!
    shiz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2012, 11:44 PM
    My dr told me I had tenternitis even had my viens checked out they all come back normal my dr told me just to rub some vietim d cream on my hands I've done this but guess what I'm going to go back to the doctors again cause the pain in my left and keeps me up all bloody night long I'm getting so sick of these pains it hurts me so much I just want to chop my and off
    namibian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 02:52 PM
    I also play soccer, we usually play at night when its quite cold. I find it strange that all of us complain that our left hand veins are swollen, and sore... my veins seem to be stuck in between where my joints meet or muscles... I only experience this when I am playing sport(or any physical activity) in cold weather...

Ps. I am right handed, but kick with both feet... is everyone right handed, or is there another reason why only our left hands have the problem...

Strange... I will see a physio and report back...

Kind regards,

Xxx
    northk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2013, 10:07 AM
    Hiya, I played hockey last Sunday and it was freezing! I was warm but only my hands were suffering from the cold temperatures+I couldn't find my gloves so I had to go without:(
    I had a cramp on my left hand which was quite painful and my right hand was fine but the day after the viens on my right hand was aching and was painful every time there was pressure against it! They were also sticking out and my whole hand was cold compared to my other, now it's a Thursday and it still aches a little; I've put a bandage on it to give some sort of support too.. I'm only 15 and I have no idea what's wrong with it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot tub bad for varicose veins? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I've heard that hot or warm shower or tub bath is not recommended if you have varicose veins.. but they say a warm bath in the tub is relaxing to the nerves and doesn't aggravate the condition.. Any professional opinions?

Veins under eyes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a guy, and although I'm not overly bothered about my appearance, recently people have been remarking on the veins under my eyes, (they're not dark circles, just quite prominent veins.) I was just wondering if there's any way I can get rid of them, i.e. lasered and how much that would cost...

Varicose veins [ 2 Answers ]

:) Hello, Does anyone have any recommended treatments for varicose veins in a 25 year old female? This is a very young age to suffer from them and I wondered if their appearance was reversible? Thanks.

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

Veins [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, it all started in the summer when I had extreme stress levels. I've been to the optician but she said there was nothing wrong. However, veins are now prominent in both my eyes when they never used to be; they appeared one morning when I woke up in the summer. Also, I get little black spots...

View more questions Search