Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xoxolele Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Jun 8, 2008, 02:10 AM
    Hair BLEACH damage disaster!
    Hey Peeps,

Okay So Ive Had This Hair Disaster Happen Before And I Can't Believe It Has Happened Again! I Had Long Brown Hair Past My Breasts And Decided I Wanted To Go Blonde For My Hubby. (stupid I Know) And When She Bleached It Some Was Blonde And Most Was Orange And Convinced Me To Cut Off Like 4 Inches, Now Its To The Beginning Of My Shoulders . I Hated It So I Had Her Die It Brown Over It. Within 2 Weeks It Was Washed Out And Turned A Weird Brown Color. My Hair Dresser Said That I Should Wait 3 Months Before Putting Highlights In. Within 2 Weeks I Made An Impatient Decision To Dye Again A Dark Brown By Myself. Now It Has Been 2 Months And I Have Extensions In To Cover Up My Short Length. Ive Been Putting Mayonaise Treatments In, And Its Actually Feeling Softer Then It Was But How Do I Get My Hair To Grow Faster? I Was Debating On Buying Those Fast Hair Growth Products But I Heard That They May Not Work, Also I Was Going To Buy The Man N Tail Because I Heard That Works. What Should I Do ? Also How Long Before I Can Put Highlights In Again Without Damaging Even More? Right Now My Hair Is A Washed Out Brown But I Noticed That Where My Old Highlights Were Its Dark Brown, And My Ends Are Lighter Then Everything Else. I Would Really Apreciate Anyone's Advise That Has Been Through This Before, Or Who Would Know Thank You Soo Much!! Luv Lela
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 09:38 AM
    They don't work, take it from someone who has bought that stupid crap from the back ads of magazines. The only thing that will make your hair longer is frequent trims and patience or extensions... and from the sounds of things I wouldn't suggest extensions... wait until your hair is healthy again.

Jun 8, 2008, 04:15 PM
    hey ChihuahuaMomma,

thank you for your input, I've actually have hair extensions in currently I've changed them 2x since the damage. There isn't too much breakage and my hair has grown I would say 1 inch posibly more. Thank you again. Also have u used man n tail before?
    Vision Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Yeah, it's nothing special..

Jun 8, 2008, 04:30 PM
    AWW MAN! Lol I was really hopig that would work. Have you tried "The mayo Treatment"?
    Vision Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 04:38 PM
    You mean just putting mayo in your hair? Yeah. It makes my hair greasy and smell disgusting, I'll never do that again.
    redraven Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Hey Girl, funny you asked a hair question. There is 1 thing that I am 100% sure of in my life.. and that is hair! You helped me ("live for")... now I will help you. First... Biotin will make your hair and nails "grow" faster. It will be with the vitamins. Do not expect it over night, or miracles. But Biotin has been proven to improve the growth of hair and nails. Second... your NATURAL hair... and the damage. 2 products you can/need to use. Redkins "CAT" and Grund's "Tiger". Follow the instructions exactly. I use both of them, along with several deep conditioners. Both of these products are for damaged hair and they both help rebuild your hair. I am a beautician... I perm my hair, and I am so addicted to coloring my hair. Plus I blowdry and curl it a lot. If you blowdry and hot iron your hair, MAKE SURE to use a heat protector. ABBA's "pure color" shampoo and cond are great peoducts. There is also a product by Farouk.. "Silk Filler" and "Silk therapy" that I use every day. Yes, it is a lot of stuff, BUT if you are going to damage your hair aka perm, color, blowdry, hot iron... you HAVE to take proper care of your hair. All the time.
    This is all info for your Natural hair. I am guessing you still have extensions. What kind? Be careful with those too. What have I not answered?

Jun 9, 2008, 10:31 PM
    I have 2 tracks of extensions that have been weaved in. I wanted them as low as possible to look more natural so more then half of my natural hair is out in the open. I have used deep condioner every time I wash. I have been trying to wash as minamal as possible because my hair dresser said to do that. I've also used mayo 2x last week. Im actually noticing improvement a little. But my ends are thrashed! They seem to be lighter then the rest of my hair and frizzy and major breakage, every time I wash so much hair comes out. Okay so on friday(hubbys payday) I will get CAT by redken, and biotin, I hope not to expensive. Is it a pill? I was also using this tea trill oil I fogot the name but it was supposed to stimulate growth. Its been I think 1 month since the damAge and overall it does look better than how it was looking. Thankfully my hair was extremely healthy when I did this. I feel so stupid! I'm also addicted to dying and changing my look, I thinks I have anxiety or something lol
    Vision Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 11:16 PM
    It sounds like its time for a hair trim...

Jun 10, 2008, 12:28 AM
    Is there any way I can I can just wait it oout , without trimming?
    Vision Expert

Jun 10, 2008, 12:32 AM
    If you want to make the damage worse, yes.
    Vision Expert

Jun 10, 2008, 12:33 AM
    The longer you wait, the more you'll have to cut off...
    redraven Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 08:24 AM
    Hey... Biotin is a pill.. remember it just stimulates growth, will do nothing for the damage. As for the waiting it out... if your ends are that frizzy and breaking off, well you can trim it or let it break. Yes, I am sure you need a cut, but probably more than a trim. THAT is why I was telling you about all those products. The CAT and TIGER will help REBUILD your hair, what is savable. A lot of stylist will not want to mess with it, or maybe think that you will not want to spend the time and money to work on rebuilding your hair. By the way, me personally, I like the Tiger better than cat. But I am betting you will need both. Be careful with the CAT, it is a protein builder, and it is great at that. BUT too much protein can cause bad things too. As for this mayo thing... it is making your hair softer.. that is nice. BUT you need to be making your hair STRONGER so it will stop breaking. Go read the back of the mayo jar's ingred. Egg, oil, vinegar... the only thing worth it is the oil. Humectress' Biotanic oil ROCKS! Way better than mayo... promise. Last night I went to bed with all this in my hair: Tiger, Silk Therapy, Redken's PPT concentrate(I forgot to tell you about that). Understand that I did not put a gallon, just some of each. I put a plastic bag on my haed(to retain body heat so I would not have to sit under a dryer), left the bag on 30 minutes or so and then took it off. Let my hair air dry a little and went to bed. I do not know where you live, but if you are serious, and can not find some of this, I will help you. Tiger, PPT, Cat, Silk are all professional products. Unfortunately you can find some of them in grocery stores or target/wally world.

Jun 10, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Okay thanks a lot, My hubby was getting so mad because evrytme I wash /brush my hair little pieces are everywhere, plus I do use a lot of heat blow dry/straiten because I have natually waivy puffy hair. Im just worried because I know my hubby won't give money to get a trim because he thinks its not important. We just moved in our own apt, and I'm not working right now, but I believ he will by the feminine products for me, I actually have deep condioner from loreal that I bought from sallys, I think that's what's been helping my hair, and redken soft shampoo, I haven't really been using that. I also have silk therapy from thermasilk that I just starting using, ill make sure to start using biotin (im hoping its at target or walmart) and the CAT AND TIGER. I am very serious because my hubby as seen me go throw to many hair disasters and I want to get this resolved,

Thank you chiwawamamma and redraven for helping me

Jun 11, 2008, 01:01 AM
    Okay guys my anxiety has kicked in once again, I trimmed my own hair, I just flipped over and cyt off all the strays and weak ends, also I have nexus strengthening and thickening shampoo and condioner and left the condioner in my hair for about 1 hour with a paper back
    Vision Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 04:10 PM
    It's ChihuahuaMomma, an you are welcome. I tried trimming my own hair once, It was a disaster... Hope yours turned out better.
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Jun 11, 2008, 08:00 PM
    I Am A Liscesed Cosmetologist... go To A Slon And Buy A Reconstructing Conditioner. The Ones I Recommend Are Redken's Extreme , Joico's Reconstructor, Or Even The Ion Brand At Sally's Beauty Supply Will Work. Ditch The Mayonaise, It Is Only Coating Your Hair To Make It Feel Better, Not Improving The Inner Structure Of Your Hair. Follow The Directions And Do One Of These Treatments Twice A Week. Then, Go To A Walmart Store Where They Have A Salon And Request That They Use Color Sync (you Can't Buy It ) And Ask Them To Tone Out The Funky Hues Without Darkening It... this Is A Demi Permanent Color That Will Give You Good Results Without Damaging Your Hair Further... in Fact It Is Very Conditioing And Is So Gentle It Could Be Used Weekly... Wait Until Your Hair Is Back To Decent Dhape Before Highlightng Again Or Your Hair Will Hydrolize (basically, Melt) And Then You Will Really Hate Yourself... Good Luck Honey

Jun 12, 2008, 12:10 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma, I'm so sorry hunn for getting your name wrong I was probably typing to fast. And I can't tell if it cam out horrible because I have extensions in, but I have to say that it already feels better and when I took a shower I had less then half of what normally break in the shower.

Jun 12, 2008, 12:18 AM
    Hey Jenn4094u, thank you for the info. I stopped using mayo. And also I have used ion before and it worked pretty well. I really want to just take out my extensions and trim all my hair, it doesn't feel nearly as bad as it was, I just trimmed it myself and already less break age. Thank you!

Ill make sure to get the ion reconstructing condioner. I rememeber it wasn't expensive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How badly will having black hair dye stripped out damage my hair? [ 24 Answers ]

I recently dyed my naturally dark brown hair a bright black colour, and I am not very pleased with it at all. I know that stripping the colour on my own would seriously damage my hair (something I would like to avoid, as I have just finished growing out/cutting off some very damaged hair), but if I...

Is it safe to have 3 lots of hair dye in 1month to try and rectify hair disaster? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted yesterday, with no replies yet. Basically. I have got long hair which is dark brown (dyed) base and I had bleached blonde panels. I then wanted the panels red which my colourist did and it looiked great but after just 1 wash all the red had practically gone and I was left with...

Red Hair disaster! [ 4 Answers ]

A few days ago I tried to dye my med to dark brown hiar intense red by Loreal, it turned out a mess. A horrid almost black colour on the ends and a reddy/ purply colour on the roots. I then went a bought a Med brown and put that on top (both permenant) and this has just made it darker and still the...

Hair disaster [ 6 Answers ]

My hair was a blonde with a hint of red and I mistakenly dyed it a light ash brown. Now my hair is grayish, dark brown almost black in some parts. I can't afford to have my hair stripped and I need to fix this. It is horrendous. I wanted to go back to my natural brown hair color. I have heard...

Hair Disaster! [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair for atleats 2 years now. I was told by my hair dresser that I needed to "strip my hair" so that I could get some of my black hair lightin so I could dye my hair a lighter color. So I did what she said and I added my new color and it turned or REALLY BAD!! :eek: it only...

View more questions Search