Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VANESSA20 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 10:42 PM
    Tongue peircing
    I got a tongue peircing 1 week and half ago there is a white stuff around my peircing what could it be anyone know?:confused:
    tiamokiss Posts: 54, Reputation: 5

Jun 7, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Ewww! It's somekind of infection :S
    GABBY0124 Posts: 83, Reputation: 0

Jun 24, 2008, 08:39 PM
    Well I Had My Tongue Pierced Twice And Both Times It Had White Stuff Around It And It Been Years And I Never Had An Infection Or Any Other Problems So Yu Should Be Ok...
    RedneckMama Posts: 103, Reputation: 17

Jun 24, 2008, 08:41 PM
    It's totally normal.. part of the healing process... keep doing what you're doing with your mouthwash and keeping food out of the area of the piercing.. it'll get better and less white!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Yep. Normal. Just might be tissue regenerating to heal. As long as you've been following cleaning instructions and not have been messing with it, you should be fine.

If you start feeling pain or see it start swelling up, then start worrying.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 03:59 AM
    The white stuff around your piercing is probably what is called lymph. It is the white blood cells in your body trying to patch the hole in your tongue. It is your body's natural defense mechanism.

Use a wet Q-tip or a SOFT bristled toothbrush to remove it. It should stop appearing in about a week, but don't be alarmed if it takes 2 weeks as everyone's bodies heal differently. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My tongue has a weird taste after my peircing [ 14 Answers ]

:confused: Okay I've had my tongue peirced for about a week and a half now and it feels fine and it doesn't hurt at all. But, I have this weird taste in my mouth and the barbell for some reason feels kinda cold is this a sign of infection if so should I switch to a titanium barbell?

Peircing [ 2 Answers ]

I got a tongue peircing 1 week and half ago there is a white stuff around my peircing what could it be anyone know?:confused:

Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot? [ 3 Answers ]

Pierced it 5 days ago. Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot. Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(

Belly peircing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I got my peircing done around November, I cleaned it 3 times a day but this month I have just stopped cleaning it , I might only clean it once in about 2 weeks. I was told that if you clean it a lot you're weakening the tissue around the peircing which invites more bacteria. Do you think by...

Ear peircing [ 5 Answers ]

I got my cartilage peirced about 7 months ago and I still have trouble with it sometimes. Every once in a while it gets really sore and gets a swollen bump on the back. I don't know if I should or not but I poke the bump with a clean needle and it oozes puss first and then bright red blood. I clean...

View more questions Search