Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sahomes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 02:45 PM
    How do I stop City Code Enforcement Harassment
    I am being harassed by the city code department. There are a few home owners in my neighborhood that have nothing to do but complain and pull their pud. I understand the complaints must be followed up by an enforcement division officer visit. At least by drive by, if not a knock on the door. It is the same complaint(s) each time. You would think after a few visits the officer would stop asking if the cars run. I have shown this to him each time. Now I am going to court at their asking. How do I stop this? In 5 years I have had 30 + visits. Other homes in my neighborhood with cars that don't even run and have not moved in years are not even getting a visit according to the code enforcements own website.
    Thanks
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Well, it is obvious that you have a neighbor who is not happy with you, or the condition of your property.

There really is little you can do, other than get rid of the things that they keep complaining about.

Outside of that, I guess you just have to keep greeting the code enforcement officer each time the call is made.
    birdbrain252000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2010, 07:12 AM
    I too am being harassed, I had a sex offender and his wife join a the neighborhood cbs group, and they started talking about me and my birds, they had never even been in my home, but before I knew it, I started getting visits by the different sectors of tacoma, when I refused to let them in to see my birds, I was threatened and told they will come in anyway, But it will be the entire city, not just animal control, stupidly, I let them in, of course any bird crap was way over the top and there was a claim, that two blocks away someone was allergic to birds! I was under their thumb for one full year, now, when the same couple complain, and I personally have over 600 complaints by this couple, the police are like white on rice to respond, kind of like a gang member mentallity, they stick together, I have complained about the same rv's sitting in front of their house, for 2 years, they have not responded to "any" of my calls, and they have been able to sit there illegally for two years, while I pay over one hundred a month for storage on mine. Went down to the humane society, and the ladies swore up and down, that animal control would not make a dog potentially dangerous unless it bit someone, they said they both had worked in that division. They didn't believe me that they put the label on my dog for "barking" at the mail person. If I call the police and if it is an emergency, I run the risk they may not even respond to my house. I think the neighborhood watch committees are witchhunts waiting to happen. If anyone knows of an attorney willing to fight the city, I would be grateful. If enough victims come forward, maybe we could effect change.
    donna.renner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2011, 12:37 PM
    I really was disappointed that you did not get an answer to your post for code enforcment harassment.
    I have been harassed by them more that 50 tomes in 3 years. This is our government at work taking away our privacy while calling it "security". Code enforcment is a joke ie: garbage containers in view.
    Its all a racket for money or for our freedom.
    Donna in fresno
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2011, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donna.renner View Post
    I really was disappointed that you did not get an answer to your post for code enforcment harrassment.
    Hi donna:

It may sound trite, but when a poster goes on and on WITHOUT using paragraphs, it makes it VERY difficult to read, so it goes unanswered... Plus, the poster piggybacked upon a real OLD thread, and that doesn't attract answers either. I notice that you did the same thing. But, at LEAST you wrote your question in a way that it was eminently readable - so I read it...

Having read it, I'd LOVE to help you. I HATE the city. Tell me WHY they're harassing you and what has transpired up till now.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2011, 12:15 PM
    Code enforcement officers do their job. It's YOUR job to do what you have been written up to do such as clean up the messy yard of garbage, old cars, etc. or do whatever the City Codes call for. You do live in their City and they DO have certain codes that they enforce upon the residents.

Donna - if you need to screen your cans from the streetview and put them behind a fence or screen, then why haven't you followed the Code and just complain about it? Simple soution, easy to do. And no more Code Enforcement citations to deal with.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 07:57 PM
    Closed, a very very old thread

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Past drug use stop my getting hired for city job [ 3 Answers ]

I have curently waiting to be called for the sanitation dept and don't know if I am wasting my time. I have in the past been arested for misdimeaner drug possession and one of the charges shows up on my driving record even though I was no where near a car.Will they still call me??

How do I stop Child Support Enforcement from forcing me to pay them [ 22 Answers ]

I'm already paying child support and alimony when I pay my monthly mortgage. Child Support Enforcement sent me a letter stating that I have to pay them too. When we got divorced, we agreed by mediation that I'd pay the mortgage, which is totaled the child support and alimony payment, and is current...

Child support enforcement [ 3 Answers ]

NYS child support enforcement. My ex works off the books, owes Uncle Sam $100,000. Ordered to pay 222.00/month in May 2007. During June and July missed 4 weekly payments (not consecutively) No company to garnishee salary (works as real estate agent) No tax refunds to take from him. Ordered to pay...

View more questions Search