Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Jun 7, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Fastest FREEWARE antivirus programs
    I want to clean viruses off my friend's computer but I don't want to be waiting for the antivirus program that I choose to run to take more than 30 minutes. What are the fastest freeware antivirus programs?:)
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Nothing beats avira antivir.

It is fast, it updates everyday, and scans more processes that McAfee ever did.

I'm not sure about your 30 minute rule, mine scans over 258,000 processes, and takes about
    33 minutes.

Try it, let me know what you think?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 7, 2008, 03:37 PM
    If you have your AV correctly set up to scan files on read and write then the need to do a complete system scan is negated.

Once the initial system scan is complete then read/write scanning will keep your system clean.
    douchrti Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Jun 8, 2008, 07:53 AM
    I think the time required really depends on the system being scanned. Although Ive seen a lot of users satisfied with Avast as far as speed.
    Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recommned number of antivirus/ antispyware programs [ 1 Answers ]

Is it harmful to my computer to have more than one antivirus/ antispyware programs?

Freeware for CD/DVD Copying? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Does anyone know of any freeware I could download to copy CD/DVDs? Thanks.

Win XP X64 Antivirus Programs [ 2 Answers ]

I am in desperate need of an antivirus program that will work on Windows XP X64, does anyone have any suggestions.

Really Cool Freeware [ 1 Answers ]

Installing Love Tech Support: Yes,. how can I help you? Customer: Well, after much consideration, I've decided to install Love. Can you guide me through the process? Tech Support: Yes. I can help you. Are you ready to proceed? Customer: Well, I'm not very technical, but I...

View more questions Search