Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtk1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 12:01 PM
    How to network two computers using a router
    Hi everyone I'm pretty new to this networking thing, so my problem I have two pc's A & B using windows xp service pack 2 and a router, connected via the LAN port on both PC . The set up was easy but I can't access the printer and files on PC A from PC B. I used the network wizard to set up a network connetion, from PC A I can't ping PC B. But from PC B I can ping PC A. and on PC B I am not seeing the network, but I can still access the internet on both pc's...
    Can anyone help?? :confused:
    lostdaily Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2008, 01:24 PM
    You probably have a firewall setting that is wrong and you need to make sure file and printer sharing is enabled on both.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jun 9, 2008, 08:29 PM
    If your new (or "seasoned") with networking, save yourself the grief and aggravation associated with MS's sloppy File and Print Sharing "network" capability - go to Network Magic - Set up and Manage Your Home Network with One Easy Application and dload the free or essential version of NM and let the app config the network for you.

Life is too short, trust me... P2E

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vista does not see XP Computers on Network [ 3 Answers ]

I have a network with a 2003 sbs and xp Pro SP2 clients. We bought three Windows Vista Laptops and joined to the network. 2 of the vista computers can see and ping all the computers on the network but cannot access them and the Xp computers cannot access the Vista Laptops either. One of the Laptops...

Do I have too many computers connected to one network? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a main computer. There are 2 laptops and 3 computers that are wireless and have all been operating fine. Yesterday my husband bought a new laptop, when he's connected my computer is choppy and takes longer than usual to load. Could his new laptop be slowing me down because it's an extra...

I want to learn how to network 2 computers [ 8 Answers ]

I want to learn how to network 2 computers because my boss wants me to learn:) Learn how yo networw to computers

Hooking 2 computers through a router [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to get 2 computers to go through a Cable Modem. They both work hooked up individually but not together through the Linksys 8+1. They are both plugged into a Linksys 8+1 Workgroup GigaSwitch EtherFast 10/100/1000 and that device is plugged into the cable modem. Is the 8+1 also known...

How to connect two computers together by a wireless network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I am new in Communication and networking so please your answer must be in details... My computer in the living room with windows XP home edition.. the other computer with windows 2000 with servie pack 4 in my kids bed room.. my wirelss router is linksys connected to my computers and...

View more questions Search