Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CarmenJones Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Draining a gunite pool
    I have a gunite pool that is 8 years old. My alkalinity is so high that my pool guy has suggested draining about half the water and refilling. I have drained the pool down about a foot and a half, but the pump has stopped pumping water out. I was wondering if I need to adjust my valves to open the drains vice the drains and skimmers so that the remainder of the water will drain. Hope the question makes sense! I'm afraid to try too many things without some guidance! Thanks for any assistance!
    coltonjared Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jun 6, 2008, 07:25 PM
    If I read this right both the skimmers and drain are open so it need to be setup were the drain is the only thing that is open because when the water gets below the skimmers air will get into the lines and it will lose its power
    CarmenJones Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Thanks ColtonJared... makes sense. I guess I'm just a little afraid to adjust valves without someone here to make sure I don't screw up anything! I'm going to give it a try and see what happens!
    wassup Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 05:24 PM
    I agree with coltonjared. Close the valve to the skimmer and leave the valve open to the main drain or other intake line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pool player wanting to start a pool hall in indianapolis [ 1 Answers ]

Simply; if anyone reading this is interested in starting a pool hall in indianapolis please reply. My name is lucas I have been around pool for over ten years and I currently work at a pool hall on the east side. My funds are low but, my will is high. I have several good ideas. Contact me...

Draining a gunite pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - I am trying to save my marriage! My husband wants to drain our pool - most places will build you a pool but know very little about repairing an existing pool - My question is do we leave the drain open or do we close the drain while painting? What is the type of wrench we use and where do...

Bathtub draining slowly , tried to fix, not draining at all now [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, my first time here. My upstairs bathtub was draining slowly, a plumber here to snake the cesspool suggested something. First off, it is the big one piece fiberglass shower/tub fixture. I think it's a really common & standard setup, nothing fancy. I took the sifter plate off the...

View more questions Search