Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TwinkletOes26 Posts: 182, Reputation: 2
    -

Jun 6, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Poor customer service
    I was at a verizon wireless store the other day and witness such rudeness I was astonished. A customer walked over to the customer service desk and told one of the reps that she needed 2 phone upgrades and that she walked over to the sales desk and no one was there. She was told very rudely by a customer rep that they were all at customer service working and that when they get finished working they would then come over and help her. She looked shocked and walked away. Now the customer reps supervisor saw all this did she say anything to help no she just joked w the customer rep "girl that means hurry up now" and the rep turned and said "ill go over there when i get finished over here she can wait" I was shocked and disgusted. Who acts like this?? Has anyone else received customer service like this? What did you do about it?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Twinkle.

What you witnessed is par for the course. Any leg of the Verizon Corp. is extremely unfriendly towards their customers.

Its like we are at war with them!
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Yep, that is Verizon all right!

WORST customer service of any company, other than Sprint.

The problem is, there are so many customers, they know that we are disposable.

They know that right behind the customer they piss off, stands a new one to take their place.
    -

Jun 6, 2008, 04:05 PM
    My mama says verizon just hires an staff ignorant of how to relate to consmers
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Wow. Just Verizon? There are some very unhappy clerks just about everywhere I go. I usually tell them I am going to their competitor in a voice that others can hear and leave. I can't do business under those circumstances. The supervisors are cowering in the corner because they don't want to do their job. The real victims are the businesses and the customers that don't have the business anymore after these types of employees chase customers away. If I just bow down and accept it, I will just encourage more of it. A computer terminal would do a better job than people who would desperately rather be somewhere else. There are exceptions and when I encounter a courteous, knowledgeable employee I am almost embarrassed like they are doting on me, but I'll try to put up with it!
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jun 6, 2008, 04:24 PM
    I went to Verizon because my contract with T-Mobile was up and they wouldn't give me a good deal on a phone, so I went to the Verizon store and 2 of the sales reps were standing there talking about their weekend, and while I spent about 15 minutes looking at phones and was ready to sign a contract and buy, they didn't even acknowledge me, so I left.
    shellyjo68 Posts: 100, Reputation: 11

Jun 6, 2008, 04:31 PM
    We were talking about this while eating at Applebee's this afternoon. The waitress was in such a hurry to get us out of there that we had the take home boxes and bill on the table before we were done eating! Customer service is not what it used to be. I have been trying to figure out a way to make an impact but nothing comes to mind. Yelling at managers no longer works because there are 10 people in line behind me that just think I am a or don't care if the guy in front of them was treated rudely. On the other side of the coin is customers treating clerks badly. My daughter told some teenagers (who she was in line behind) to leave a store the other day because they were giving the clerk such a hard time. Everyone who is reading this make it a point to be nice and helpful to everyone and see what happens.
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jun 7, 2008, 12:11 AM
    I worked at Applebee's very (very) briefly. Lunch time they want you to get the customer out the door because they think everyone is on a lunch break, and there are actual time limits as to when the drinks have to be out, and the appetizers and have this thing at lunch that if they don't want dessert, then its "check back, check down" so when the server comes to check on your food, ask real quick if you want dessert and set the check down then. And they're supposed to check back within two bites... pretty bad customer service, I think.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 7, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Supposed to be some link between exposure to electricity and Alzheimer's or mental deterioration. All the phone companies are Whacko and a lot of the electric companies too.
    -

Jun 7, 2008, 10:08 AM
    LOL @ wildandblue I think you are right
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 7, 2008, 10:58 PM
    Folks, you have the power, reward with your dollars...
    achampio21 Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Jul 14, 2008, 09:58 AM
    I have been a waitress/server for 13 years. I have also worked off and on in the gas station and telecommunication fields. And I have learned that you are to give the guest/customer the BEST experience ever if you want them to come back or tip well. But after being in the service industry as long as I have been I can tell you this... a lot of the problems are the managers. They only care about their bonus check which is dependent upon sales. Now they claim that you should care about the guest but they show time and time again that they really don't care. I have worked for both kinds of managers though, the ones that actually care about the guest and their experience and the one's that don't.

Now sometimes, actually, a lot of the times it's the workers themselves that really don't give a crap because they are there for the money and don't care about anyone but themselves. But that again goes back to the manager... those types should be fired. BUT... this day and age you can't fire people without A LOT of evidence. They could cry racism, sexual harassment, anything and if you fire them without proving just cause they will most def. get unemployment which the company has to pay.

I agree totally with Scleros, if the waitress/worker is giving you a bunch of yuck mouth then ask to speak with the manager on duty. If they don't seem to help ask for corporates number. And most assuredly TAKE YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

PS> a tip for those dining out... put the tip on the table when you sit down, tell your server that this will be their tip if they give you good service and you will add or take away depending on how the night goes. I PROMISE YOU you will see in almost EVERY case you will get excellent service. ;) Because the server KNOWS he/she will get a tip from you and will work harder whereas they never know, good service or bad, if they will even get a tip. I have been stiffed many times and they raved about the service and the atmosphere and food.

And one more thing in ALMOST EVERY customer service job, you are told at the orientation that "The Guest/customer is ALWAYS right, even when they are wrong."
    Ask them if they have heard of it!! :D
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 10:25 AM
    They don't care about service any more cause all they want is your money.
    Often they think they have you over a barrel anyway cause they have you locked in a contract or they know they are the only ones that provide the service most people are looking for so they don't care.
    A customer is only a $# to the store and NOTHING to the clerk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Customer service [ 3 Answers ]

How can u be a very customer service representative? What are the FAQ ON customer service?

Customer service [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between customer service and customer delight?

When in customer service if a customer yells what do you do?

-Can you give an example of a time when you experienced good customer service and explain why it was good? -Tell me about a time when you give effective customer service? -Have you ever dealt with a company that provided first-class customer service?what aspects it so good and how would you...

Customer Service [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to find names of senior and top level professionals working in MNC? i.e. Gen. Manager, Marketing Head, vice presidents, directors etc. I have visited their websites but I have not succeeded. Please show me the method to get this info. Either through net or any other mode....

View more questions Search