Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    npq Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Credit card not on credit report
    I have several credit cards that have been charged off and gone to collections. All of them are on my credit report but one from Citibank. Is that good or should I be concerned about that?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 01:53 PM
    How old is the Citibank account?

When was the last time you were contacted by them, or an agency regarding that debt?

I guess the fact that it is not showing on the reports, really means nothing except that it is not on the reports.

Not being there alone, would not indicate that they are not going to still attempt to collect it. Actually, as far as your score goes, it's probably better that it is not on the reports.
    Loan_Guy Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Jun 6, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by npq
    I have several credit cards that have been charged off and gone to collections. All of them are on my credit report but one from Citibank. Is that good or should I be concerned about that?
    I wouldn't be concerned about it. If it truly is a charge-off, it's probably better it is not on there.

One other option. Have you looked at all three of your reports? It's possible they only report to one or two bureaus and you just don't see it now. Either way, don't sweat it.

LG

Jun 6, 2008, 02:30 PM
    I stopped paying on it a year ago along with other credit cards. In February I started making payments to the collection agencies that were calling. It doesn't matter about my credit score because it is bad. I just didn't understand why they didn't report it like the rest.
    I just checked on the other credit agency like LG said to do. Now I found another Citibank account with a number that I have no record of. The amount is different and so is the address to the one I was asking about. Should I dispute this with the credit bureau? Or should I call the credit card company and dispute it with them?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Dispute it with the credit bureau.

They will request validation from Citibank, within a certain time frame.

If they don't receive the required information, they have to remove it.

You might get lucky?

Jun 6, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Thanks for all the help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civil summons for a credit card, but my fianc? Has never had a credit card [ 13 Answers ]

Hello! My fiancé has received a civil summons from a law firm representing Discover card. My fiancé has never had a discover card in his life. His parents hae one, but the civil summons is for him. He has never received a bill or a letter or a phone call. Apparently the card balance has been...

FICO Credit Score: Maintain a 50% debt to credit-limit ratio on _each_ card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been advised that I should transfer part of a balance of one credit card to another card in order to maintain 50% debt to credit limit ratio on _each_ card even though my _total_ debt to credit limit ratio is already below 50%. (Most of the debt is on one card for convenience.) I could...

How to get ex-husbands card off my credit report [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I pulled a copy of my credit report yesterday and I noticed that my ex-husband's Visa card is still on my list of credit. I was only an authorized signer on the account but I was taken off during our divorce. How can I get this off my credit report. He has that card maxed out and its...

How do I get a credit report from all three bureaus with no credit card [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get all three creidt reports with out submitting a credit card.

Bad Credit on My Report From MIDLAND FUNDING Credit Issued in 1999? [ 3 Answers ]

The only thing I can think off I did not pay off was a credit card I had applied for in the year 1999 when I was in college. It was a $500 limit card, being that it was a first credit card I did miss some payments & every time I did I would get hit with a $30 late payment + $30 over limit fee plus...

View more questions Search