Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeHo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2006, 08:37 PM
    Help! Sub won't stop hitting...
    I'm trying to install my sub and it won't stop vibrating. I had it hooked up while testing it, and everything was fine. Now if I turn on the headunit, the sub just rapid fires as hard as it can (it's shaking my whole house, and my mom's trying to sleep... ) I tried tracing the wiring, but alas, nothing sticking out like a sore thumb. I just don't want to keep tearing up the pain-in-the-a$$ trim in the trunk. And I did turn the gain all the way down, but it still hits if I turn it up at all. Is this a ground problem? An audio problem? Help please. Thanks.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2006, 04:45 PM
    No electronic expert, but sounds like a capacitor in the circuit is defective. Are there any on the speakers, usually at the connections?

Is it only on one channel?

Clear all wires and check for continuity and ground fault.

Can you test the line with another unit?

Bset I can offer now .I will get back with more if I can comeup with something

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

?Hitting lefty and hitting against lefties. [ 4 Answers ]

I have trouble htting against lefties. I am a left handed batter and I am fine against righties, but against lefties I struggle. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.?

Fan won't stop [ 2 Answers ]

The compressor on the a/c turns off but the fan continues to run. Tonight when I turned off the a/c at the t-stat, the fan and compressor came back on even though the unit was turned off. What is my problem? The unit is about 24 years old and the t-stat was replaced a few months ago.

Help! Sub won't stop hitting... [ 3 Answers ]

I had it hooked up while testing it, and everything was fine. But now it's acting weird. I tried tracing the wiring, but alas, nothing sticking out like a sore thumb. Is this a ground problem? An audio problem? Help please. Thanks.

How do I get my poodle pup to stop... [ 2 Answers ]

Pooping in her bed? He is crate trained but I put her in a restricted area during the day. She won't lay in her bed but she does poop in it :confused:. How do I get her to lay in the bed w/o pooping in it?

View more questions Search