Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    micro_hydrin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2006, 06:49 PM
    Who keeps the orignal signed lease agreement
    Hello,

I'm a landlord(Lessor) of a rental property. The tenant/Lessee had asked for the original signed signature page of the lease agreement. Should I give them the orignal signed signature page or give them a photocopy of the signed signature page? Thanks in advanced.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 6, 2006, 07:51 PM
    There should be two signed originals. The landlord and tenant are each entitled to a copy with original signatures. Make a copy of the lease, get a new signature page and both of you sign it and attach it to the copy. Do this when you are together with the tenant so that no one can make any changes.
    jkloos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2013, 06:32 AM
    I am a Landlord and rented my flat for ladies parlour.Tenant is insiting for Original rental agreement which is for 11 months.Shall I give me original one or soft copy.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 5, 2013, 06:56 AM
    I would give them a copy and keep the original for myself. If they insist on an original, have them sign another copy, you sign it as well and give them that one.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 5, 2013, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jkloos View Post
    I am a Landlord and rented my flat for ladies parlour.Tenant is insiting for Original rental agreement which is for 11 months.Shall i give me original one or soft copy.
    I'm curious to know why tenant thinks he/she needs the original. Tell the tenant "no", and give him/her a copy.

What do they think they are going to accomplish with the original? Submit it to some sort of a forensic expert? Does anyone dispute that the parties actually signed it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate's attempt to terminate co-signed lease [ 1 Answers ]

My roommate backed out of our co-signed lease two weeks before the lease's commencement. Can she force me to find or accept a subletter or is she still liable to pay her half the rent?

No written lease agreement [ 3 Answers ]

No lease between landlord and myself. Landlord refuses to make repairs. I have not paid rent. Have only been in house for 2months Landlord send a typed letter stating he wants me out in 6days. Is that legal in Indiana?

Lease signed and not moved in [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I signed the leasing documents with an apartment on July 16'th for one year and the move in date was August 1'st. I have a situation where I may have to go to my home country for sometime because of my fathers health condition and I am leaving on August 12'th. I am not sure...

NEED HELP --Lease agreement [ 3 Answers ]

On April 18 I filled out an application for an apartment for June 1 and gave a $649 deposit to be held for last month rent. The next day they called and let me know I got the apartment. Since then I got back together with my girlfrend and moved back with her. I contacted the apartment company on...

Lease agreement [ 1 Answers ]

I just Received a notice from my landlord that he going to up the Rent in June, Ive been living here since the late 80's. Twards the end of the notice, he writes, "New Month to Month Lease Required". And I'm not sure what's meant by that and this guy is kind of a slickster... Can anyone Help?...

View more questions Search