Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anongirl17 Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Jun 6, 2008, 02:43 AM
    For everyone who cuts
    I appreciate that this won't work for everyone, but being a self harmer for three years I have finally found a way of stopping and I feel I have to share it.

I worked out that it's not the pain that makes me do it but it's seeing the blood. I've tried red pens but it's not realistic enough. I don't even know what made me do this, but the other day I took a blunt knife and dipped it in red food colouring before lightly stroking it across my arm. It left lines exactly like real wounds and I felt better straight away, just the same as when I did it for real. Now when I'm having a bad day I find myself reaching for the food colouring and blunt knife instead of a razor blade.

I'm so relieved that I can get the same relief as cutting gave me but without the danger and scarring. I hope it can help someone else too.
    Natt Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jun 24, 2008, 05:02 AM
    Ive tried that.. it doesn't work for me =c
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Jun 24, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Have you asked for help from a professional counselor to try to get at the reason for feeling the need to do self-harm?

Perhaps that could be a better long-term solution.

The personal views and opinions above are neither provided nor intended for consumption within a professional-client relationship. Any reader applying these views and opinions in life situations assumes full responsibility for the results of doing so.
    dinogurl2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2011, 06:05 PM
    I have a friend that also cuts. I am on here looking for some way to help her. An honestly I think professionals cannot help because people who have this problem feel that no one understands. Professionals are trained to help, but everyone is different an I think unless they went through it themselves they will never know how to fully help someone. I think maybe talking to someone who has gone through it and have stopped maybe able to help... That would be my suggestion... That is all I can say because I do not understand your reasonings to do this. I hope this helps in some way...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She cuts herself? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey Big Brains of The Internet, Thanks for the advice, I met a girl a month ago, online, great first dates. The quick and dirty is: She tells me she was sexually abused as a child, age 12, (now 18) by her step brother in his 30ties. She now lives with her mom in my town. Then proceeded to...

1992 civic cuts out while driving and starts after a little while then cuts out [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 1992 civic and recently it just started cutting out while driving. The first day I was ready to get onto the freeway and it just cut out. It started again after a while and was okay getting home. It ran a little rough but made it home. The next day it was fine on the way to work but coming...

Water cuts off [ 1 Answers ]

In one of my tubs, when you turn the handle from cold to hot, the water cuts off. What causes this and is it an easy fix?

Cuts. Again. [ 33 Answers ]

:( :( :( :( :mad: I did it again.. . I cut myself.. . I feel bad about it. I feel so bad it makes me want to do it another time just for the satisfaction. I wan't help but Im too afraid to tell anyone, even kids help phone. What should I do?

View more questions Search